No announcement yet.

Back to the old ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syria also need to fess up to any chemical weapon labs or Iraqi Ba'athists stashed in their territory, also.

At this point though, I wouldn't be in favor of invading them.

I am a little tempted, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
      weird thread. It's not an ME thread. It's something ....different.
      A Middle West Thread?
      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

The sad thing is, there are actually people who believe invading Syria is a good idea. Good grief... are you trying to make everyone pissed off at you?
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Six, So long as Syria ends terrorism and cooperates on ME peace, they will have earned the right to be ignored. If they continue their policy of aggression, they will provoke a war - most likely with Israel.

If the Arabs want Israel to stay out of it, well ....

But is Assad as stupid as Saddam?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

You're not supposed to interject reality, you're just supposed to because (some) of the Iraqis are doing that in (some) parts of Baghdad, and all our problems are now solved, since we've given Iragi FreedomTM

Afghanistan isn't newsworthy, because the flash and bang are done with, and who cares about the dirty little details of what happens in crappy little excuses for third world countries?

This is the war on terrorism, that'll last as long as we say! We're liberating people left and right, so don't be party poopers!

In other words, don't expect anything other than the same old BS in US foreign policy in that part of the world.
            Well, you gotta admit though, with this Iraq thing FINALLY clearing out of the way, it's going to free up alot of other resources to go after these problems.

I believe the Israeli-Palestinian issue will be dealt with next.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I don't recall that the Bush plan has been published. Is what Sharon is doing required by the plan?

Actually, no. a preliminary step demanded by the Road map is the freezing of the construction of new settlements, Not the evacuation.

I heard it over on TV. for some reason, everyone talks about the new economic plan, and the war on iraq now, so noone cares here.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Assad is quite similar, IMO.
                "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
                X