Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Hey USA, how many journalists did you kill today?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy was lucky! Look at the camera on the balcony and the hole where the shell hit (if this was the same incident). Those inside the room under his were less lucky though...
    Attached Files
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Soldiers have to react quickly and not study film and photos.
      Sorry, bub. They don't have that luxury.
      They have to go with history.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

How stupid do you have to be to fire at a hotel filled with journalists? I could understand if journalists were killed because they were running around and such, but that tank deliberately targetted a building full of journalists. Several journalists have reported that no fire was comming from the building, and even if it was, is it really that hard to refrain from shooting back at something that could not possibly harm your tank (small arms fire)?

Also, the US bombed two Arab networks headquarters in Baghdad today. The attack on the one that wasn't Al-Jazeera was utterly ridiculous. A villa relatively far from any other building, of whose location the US was supposedly notified.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          You saw, what you saw; not particularly all there was to see, lame****ingbrain.

Why do they shoot at everything?
          Oh hell, I don't know.
          Might it be candyasses of Saddam's, dressing in civilian attire?
          Suicide bombers ?

I have a News Flash for you, jerkwad.
          No war has had reporters running amuk like this on the battlefield, drawing pictures of their location in the sand.
          Is it normal for you to flame and troll in this rather reckless manner?

It's not your personal honour at stake, although you seem to think it so.

I too think there is too much gung-ho fire happening.
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling

Is it normal for you to flame and troll in this rather reckless manner?

It's not your personal honour at stake, although you seem to think it so.

I too think there is too much gung-ho fire happening.
            You obviously don't know sloww that well.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Maybe they don't want any journalists reporting what's really going on. They like to keep it to their press conferences where they can make things up, unload their propaganda, and spin everything.

Not that I'm saying their actively trying to kill every journalist they see, but it could be intimidation tactics. Except maybe for the arab news networks, which could very well be deliberate.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Baghdad is a combat zone, and Saddam's forces have proved themselves more than willing to hide out in civilian compounds in the past to try and evade our gunfire. Reporters were warned by Centcom; we are certainly not in the wrong here.

What exactly is the problem here?
                Lime roots and treachery!
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Don't blane the noble USA. They just make errors .
                  ''Errors'' of USA:
                  1- 3 missiles on Iran territory
                  2- An entire bus of irquis escaping irak was hit by a missile on Sirian territory
                  3- A hospital ''accidentaly'' destroyed by missile
                  4- Lots of journalist ''accidentaly'' killed by ''friendly fire''
                  -El patriotismo no es más que egoísmo en masa.
                  -Al que me diga asesino, lo mato.
                  -¿El sueño es la realidad, o la realidad es un sueño?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

You obviously don't know sloww that well.

ACK!
                    Knowing him is irrelevant.

Good taste transcends such stuff.

Or it should.

Comment

curtsibling, you should know that it's flame first, think later.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

[SIZE=1] They like to keep it to their press conferences where they can make things up, unload their propaganda, and spin everything.
                        Both sides play this game.

I do not believe propaganda from Iraq or the USA.

Both tell their own tall-tales.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          curtsibling, you should know that it's flame first, think later.
                          Not for me.

Getting banned is not on my agenda.

Comment

The Al Jazeera case is the most annoying. It has "we're killing you because we don't like you" written all over it. The journalists did everything to avoid getting hit like in Kabul, but I guess they would have better luck if they tried to jide their whereabouts from the Americans instead.
                            "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                            George Orwell

Comment

Seems to work for Saddam.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling

Both sides play this game.
                                I never said otherwise. (Why do so many people equate speaking against america with supporting saddam? - propaganda in action, maybe )

Atleast the Iraqi propaganda is so ridiculous that no one with any amount of knowledge could believe it. The americans are a bit better, though, and a great deal of people will believe anything that the officials say.

The only reason an Iraqi has to believe what saddam says is that that's probably all he's told. I hope that americans aren't as sheltered as that.
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X