Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Hey USA, how many journalists did you kill today?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Hey USA, how many journalists did you kill today?

Man, I can't believe it. I was watching live coverage of the war last night and an ADTV cameraman had a really good shot of two Abrams on a bridge in Baghdad. They must have thought he was a sniper because they aimed machine gun fire at him. Undeterred by the bullets he got up and kept filming. Then one of the tanks blew up the building he was in. Luckily, he survived.

Now news that a whole lot more journalists have been killed or injured today.

Is their some vendetta against the press in Centcom or are the soldiers stupider than their munitions?
    Only feebs vote.

That's not a very rhytmic chant.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Another dork thread.
      Like journalists have no worries in a war zone.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hey Hey USA, how many journalists did you kill today?

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Stefu, sure it is, you just need fast toungue work .
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Funny. That'sw what my girlfriend said to me...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Another dork thread.
              Nice rebuttal.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The last 20 seconds of this movie clip is from the recieving end of American tank fire, wounding the cameraman. I'm not sure if it's the same incident. (Comments in Swedish)

Edit: After looking at the clip again, I am sure this is the incident we are talking about.
                Last edited by Chemical Ollie; April 8, 2003, 16:17.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

No, lame brain. When a building that journalists are using is deliberately targeted, supposedly because of sniper fire (luckily, the targeted journalists were on hand to report that there wasn't any). When a guy is holding a camera and everyone in the world can see where he's filming from you don't think it is dumb to deliberately target him.

Now call me curmudgeonly, but isn't it customary to identify one's target before aiming tank rounds at it?

This perhaps could be transferred to the, Why is there so much FF? Why do the Americans shoot at everything that moves? thread.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Soldiers never liked journalists, anyway.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

You saw, what you saw; not particularly all there was to see, lame****ingbrain.

Why do they shoot at everything?
                      Oh hell, I don't know.
                      Might it be candyasses of Saddam's, dressing in civilian attire?
                      Suicide bombers ?

I have a News Flash for you, jerkwad.
                      No war has had reporters running amuk like this on the battlefield, drawing pictures of their location in the sand.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                        Soldiers never liked journalists, anyway.
                        Perhaps, but our friends from Airstrip One aren't shooting them.

We should have a list of the numbskull targets the US has hit recently because they can't be bothered to identify targets. Here's two I can think of.

1. The Chinese embassy in Serbia
                        2. The Russian Ambassador in Iraq....
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          You saw, what you saw; not particularly all there was to see, lame****ingbrain.

Why do they shoot at everything?
                          Oh hell, I don't know.
                          Might it be candyasses of Saddam's, dressing in civilian attire?
                          Suicide bombers ?

I have a News Flash for you, jerkwad.
                          No war has had reporters running amuk like this on the battlefield, drawing pictures of their location in the sand.
                          My my, tetchy aren't we? Still doesn't explain why they bombed the Al Jazeera building.

They've always shot at everything because they're a bunch of trigger-happy inbred hicks with guns and no discipline. We had a thread on this the other day: your allies are as scared of you as the enemy, and with good reason.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I remember that once the attack started a couple of weeks ago, high ranking Baath party members moved into the same hotel as the journalists in order to be safe from the bombings.

This makes me think twice about dismissing the possibility that they really were receiving fire from the hotel.
                            Last edited by DanS; April 8, 2003, 16:42.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Here is a clip from BBC with the incident from another angle (or perhaps there were more than one of these incidents today?.

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X