Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it always your fault? Are you always wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90% of the posters on this thread dont get it. It's not the bread, it's the context.

Why does she call me at work, when I'm loaded, to ask me to pick up something that SHE forgot to pick up yesterday when she is off work and can go get it byherself. Second, when she called me at work, I said I'll call you right back and she said:" No! Just buy soem bread!" I said ok then bye. Short phone call, it only took 10 secs.

The point is: Dont ask me to go get something that YOU forgot when I'm at work and you are watching TV at home. I would never ask in that situation, I'd go myself.

How can I be wrong?

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
      90% of the posters on this thread dont get it. It's not the bread, it's the context.

Why does she call me at work, when I'm loaded, to ask me to pick up something that SHE forgot to pick up yesterday when she is off work and can go get it byherself. Second, when she called me at work, I said I'll call you right back and she said:" No! Just buy soem bread!" I said ok then bye. Short phone call, it only took 10 secs.

The point is: Dont ask me to go get something that YOU forgot when I'm at work and you are watching TV at home. I would never ask in that situation, I'd go myself.

How can I be wrong?

Spec.
      You are completely wrong in the context. First of all, you were trying to brush her off. I don't believe you didn't have a minute or two right then and there. Secondly, you made a promise. You could always say no, or called back later and asked her to do it. Thirdly, you forgot what she said, which meant you weren't paying attention to her. Lastly, you did not make good on your promise, and didn't even try to fix it.

From what you said, she didn't forget to buy the bread per se, but because there was still half a loaf left. Maybe this is not exactly right, but you didn't talk this out with her, so you can blame it on her.

I know it's not the bread (this is the third time I said this in three posts). It's about you didn't make good a promise. Maybe it is also about you didn't pay attention to her.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This may sound weird, but eventhough almost everyone thinks I'm wrong I still disagree. I would've bought the bread in the first place or I would've went to buy it myself if I had not bought it the day before.

That's how I am. I dont ask for much and do what I have to do, even more if I'm the one that didn't do what I had to do in the first place.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Spectator, you are so wrong in this issue it isn't even funny.

But what do I know? I just have an adoring wife with a relationship that is entering it's 17th year.

Comment

Ohhhh man.....

I have been married for..... well a little more than 21 years (with the same).

I know for sure what to do (unless you are a real MACHO-boy or goes for a millimeter-justice ( Not possible if you want to live in peace with anyone for a longer time )).

But to write it in english - that would be hard and take a long time.

I warn you - I might write about that later (an early morning job when you are clear and cold in your mind).
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              Spectator, you are so wrong in this issue it isn't even funny.

But what do I know? I just have an adoring wife with a relationship that is entering it's 17th year.
              Dont get me wrong, It's been 2 years now and it's going GREAT. We didn't argue, yell or anything...it's just that I always seem to be the one that is wrong! Why is it so?!

Comment

One thing - read and understand the text besides your own avatar.........

If you really believe in that, then you can't be wrong (in your own imagination).
                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                  One thing - read and understand the text besides your own avatar.........

If you really believe in that, then you can't be wrong (in your own imagination).
                  I understand what it says....what's your point?

If you think I do that on the street you are wrong, I'm have a membership on a racetrack. Dont be foolish, I dont wanna kill myself or others.
                  Last edited by Spec; April 9, 2003, 13:58.

Comment

No, I (think) I know that.

I do understand "life" as the way you living, not the way you are driving.

But if you "live" your life as driving in the second or even third lane of a highway - and your statement of "´Life is great at 250km/h" does indicate this, then.....

You are beyound the limit/border, where common sense gives any reason (again, remember english is not my native language, therefore my choice of terms very well might says something different than what I had in mind).

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      RAH
                      Darn, rereading this one, it really sounds sexist.
                      Be careful - Ming might be watching........

Gandhi

Comment

i wonder if a moderator can ban another moderator.

in any case, you're wrong. why? because women have this notion of fiat, whatever they say goes.

take that for what you will, but i'd rather argue over something a mite more important than a loaf of bread.
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                          i wonder if a moderator can ban another moderator.
                          Not only possible, but it has been done before.

RAH
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Men are always wrong when it comes to arguing with a woman. Why? No one knows. My dad thinks has to do with something about my mom being from Mercury or something...

My Dad's three keys to a successful relationship:
                            1. I'm sorry
                            2. Your right
                            3. It's all my fault

And she'll never say it, so if you want it to work out you'll be the one having to say it... It just that way it is. Note: never say it will never happen again... we know it will. If your smart, it will happen all the time, to a point that she'll stop asking you to do stuff because she knows your just going to f'ck it up.

That's what I do, and I never have to do laundry again. Of course all my undershirts are pink... but it's a small price to pay to actually win.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Here in my house, if something small and petty like that happens, we both just go and do it......Instead of trying to exert control over the other person, we try to work cooperatively (Especially now that there are children )

After we've calmed down, sometimes we go and get something to eat while were at it. Kiss, and then make up
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

japher...

besides, it's not like anybody else sees your undershirts, mm? maybe she thinks you're pretty in pink.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X