X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiffor, can you post a map?

Comment

Democratic Republic of the Congo:

For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

It would be nice if the map shows who controls what.

But it sounds like fun situation in Congo.

Comment

Well the reason no one goes into Congo is because what are you going to do? Just about every one of Congo's neighbors have invaded the country in the last 10 years. I mean, are you really going to take on all of Central Africa? It'd be a total mess. Vietnam would look good by comparison.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran is right. You also gotta realize that even Kabila's own troops are battle hardened... they would put up one hell of a fight.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
            X