Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOX is reporting an UPRISING in Baghdad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have stopped reading the Independent lately because of Fisk. I like my news fairly unbiased and he is so pro-Arab it is surreal, I don't think he can write 2 paragraphs without harking back to his days in Lebanon and the Phalange massacring the palestinians.

Switched to the Times, which although slightly rightwing suits me more at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
      When did the Tower of Pizza fall over...?
      I think the better questions are where is this Tower of Pizza and can a get a slice before it falls over?
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

Can you provide evidence that Fox News has been lying?
        Can you provide evidence that any intelligent person would watch Fox?
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

is msnbc as bad as Fox? because they're reporting saddam may be dead finally, curtesy of a b-1 bomber dropping bombs in a residential neighbourhood.

MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.

of course i don't usually watch msnbc, but a friend pointed this out to me and another said that headline news is also reporting a similar story, but i have no link for that.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
            Oh, so I'm an honorary leftist now? Maybe you could do me a favor and let them know, since Monkspider and chegitz still seem to think I'm a capitalist right-winger.
            I said no such thing, you imperialist paper-tiger.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Fox was summed up well by The Onion:

"The station that asks the questions others are too smart to ask."
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Syracuse just won.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I heard Saddam was hurt and felt like Shiite.

Don't Mecca big deal out of it though.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

FOX has the best embeds with Greg Kelly with the 3rd ID and Col. North with the Marines. MSNBC was competitive until Bloom died.

FOX broadcast the last two missions into Baghdad live while the other networks didn't even know that it was happening.

Anyone who does not watch FOX (at least part time) is losing out big time on current news.
                    Last edited by Ned; April 7, 2003, 23:38.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Arrian, I don't know where you are politicly, sorry. I think you're wrong about FOX however. People get used to spin that others have almost universally adopted. That doesn't exist on FOX so it's not what people are used to.

I find I don't have to try to gleen bits of news among the anti American and anti republican spin like I do on other news programs. I get frustrated watching CNN for instance. There's a joke I heard, a guy went from watching the US losing the war to winning the war simply by switching from CNN to FOX.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Are you reffering to the Communist News Network Lancer?

Comment

• Yup Lincoln, they never pass up a chance for a dig. Remember the time Dan Rather interviewed Bush Sr? Rather got after Bush for the taxes thing...Bush shut him up and shut him down with his reference to the time when Rather peevishly walked off the set for several minutes when things weren't going just as he liked them, poor baby.

That really did hit Rather like he had been slapped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                            People get used to spin that others have almost universally adopted. That doesn't exist on FOX so it's not what people are used to.

No spin on Fox, that's a good one. When did you get the new job?

BTW, when did Dan Rather ever do an interview for CNN?
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• No new job

Rather...CBS?

Comment

• FOX has the best embeds with Greg Kelly with the 3rd ID and Col. North with the Marines. MSNBC was competitive until Bloom died.

FOX broadcast the last two missions into Baghdad live while the other networks didn't even know that it was happening.

Anyone who does not watch FOX (at least part time) is losing out big time on current news.
                                -The administration is conservative, Fox is conservative... their reporters get placed in the frontmost units which might generate news that will get ratings. Coincidence? I think not.

find I don't have to try to gleen bits of news among the anti American and anti republican spin like I do on other news programs. I get frustrated watching CNN for instance. There's a joke I heard, a guy went from watching the US losing the war to winning the war simply by switching from CNN to FOX.
                                -The overly patriotic spin of Fox just makes me sick to the stomach, kind of like Iraqi News if I weren't too busy laughing at them.

Are you reffering to the Communist News Network Lancer?
                                -Surely you're reffering to the Conservative News Network. Sure they try for a leftist bias, but they're American. No mainstream American news network is truly biased against America.

edit: fixed a /quote tag. Apparently the forum doesn't know what [/qoute] means.
                                Last edited by Victor Galis; April 8, 2003, 19:21.
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X