Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOX is reporting an UPRISING in Baghdad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lincoln
    Meanwhile, Iraq's "information minister" says that US troops are comitting suicide in droves as they are repelled by the overwhelming force of the Saddamites...
    I reckon after the war that that guy will do the standup-circuit across America. He has me in stitches whenever he opens his mouth.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
      FOX needs to take a laxative.
      Methinks they are...but it's working at the wrong end.

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

I wonder if Lincoln can post anymore without trolling about "leftists?"

Fox is
        Have a guilty concience? I am just trying to bring the forum to a state of some type of balance. It is kind of like when they tried to straighten the Tower of Pizza a little before it fell over. Some day you will all thank me for this.

Comment

What is most interesting is that one of the better sources of news about Iraq happens to be the IRANIAN NEWS SERVICES: hmmm, those Ayatollahs surely sqash all valuable news coverage, now don't they?

What kind of weather do we get in hell when news sources from the "axis of Evil" can be believed more than Americans "Most balanced news source"?

I just want to wait until the high level Iraqi Ayatollahs sitting in Qum decide to g back home. How easilly will the Us let them in?
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

When did the Tower of Pizza fall over...?

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
              When did the Tower of Pizza fall over...?
              This is one reason why I am not an English teacher. Maybe I should have said "before it could have fallen over". Anyway, Apolyton is leaning left but that is the nature of the beast I suppose.

Comment

I wonder if Lincoln can post anymore without trolling about "leftists?"

Fox is nothing special, certainly not worthy of the sacred cow status some would give it. There's no room for "opinion" in reporting a factual matter (i.e. the presence or absense of uprisings). It IS, or it ISN'T. Ideology doesn't enter into the equation. So far that I've seen and heard, these are second hand reports of what's reported by ME news agencies, so the real "news" issue is whether they're generally reliable and whether these reports are accurate. 50 western news agencies of any ideological slant quoting the same source won't make a bit of difference as to whether that source is accurate or not.

Assuming there are uprisings, this is a big "so what?"

One of several old infantryman's adages is "don't draw fire, it really pisses off your neighbors" Just because people don't want a few fedayeen in their neighborhood doesn't mean anything about their ideology, especially wrt welcoming the US. They may simply not want the fighting to come to their neighborhoods and their homes.

The smart money now for anti-US types is to go to ground and discontinue resistance. Nobody is going to eject the US forces, all they're going to do is get killed and lose future power. The thing to do is let things get into a relatively quiet occupation phase, and then either go into low-intensity guerilla operations, or start working on your coup conspiracy against the future Iraqi government.

"The end" is nowhere near in sight. We've got billions of dollars and months, if not years, of occupation ahead, with all sorts of opportunities to do things right, or **** up royally.

Meanwhile, what really happened today and why and how is something we'll likely figure out in, oh, a year or two.
                wow mike, ur like reely sm4rt er sumthing

Comment

Is Fisk embedded with the Republican Guard?
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Have a guilty concience?
                    Oh, so I'm an honorary leftist now? Maybe you could do me a favor and let them know, since Monkspider and chegitz still seem to think I'm a capitalist right-winger.

Or is "leftist" just a code word for anyone who doesn't endorse Fox as the be-all and end-all paragon of objective journalism?
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Actually I don't watch Fox news. I can't stand Bill O'Riley. I just thought you were hanging around Apolyton too long and some it has rubbed off. BTW, I am almost in dead center.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

wow mike, ur like reely sm4rt er sumthing
                        Wow, you can quote a whole post to make a one line comment unrelated to the thread.

Whose DL are you again?
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I used to enjoy O'Riley...but then a few months back this year, I noticed he entered an ultra-d*ck mode. He became more of an ass than usual, so much so that even I could no longer stand it.

Comment

Actually I don't watch Fox news. I can't stand Bill O'Riley. I just thought you were hanging around Apolyton too long and some it has rubbed off. BTW, I am almost in dead center.
                            The problem with Fox is not that they outright lie like the Iraqis. The problem is that they editorialize everything they report, with a unabashedly conservative bias. they also put on an endless line of pundits, the vast majority Republicns, and ask them softball and eladeing questions to make sure they never get an answer they don't expect. And on top of all of that, they make a point of calling themselves "fair and balanced". That is just the topinng on the cake.

Hey, Lincoln and I share something..a dislike of O'Riley.

If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

since Monkspider and chegitz still seem to think I'm a capitalist right-winger.

You really are a radical rightist though MtG.
                              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow, you can quote a whole post to make a one line comment unrelated to the thread.

Whose DL are you again?
                                That would be Zylka.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X