My personal torment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japher, I don't think it's so new...

I remember an auntie of mine had done that when she was 20 and that was in 1940...

Comment

I think you're right about the "crown" thing.

Comment

Christmans '94 I got in a skiing accident where the back edge of my ski went through my cheek, kicked out a tooth (cutting into the gum), sliced through my tongue and split my lip about 4mm down towards my chin. Prior to 2.5 hours with a plactic surgen getting stitches in my face (muscles, skin, gum, tongue, and lip) my dentist shoved my tooth back into place hoping that the root would reattach and that the tooth would not die... 1 week later, and 4,000 mg codine later I was still not sleeping because of the pain in my tooth. Christmas eve I was taken to a endo and got a root canal; what relief. The tooth had inflamed the nerve and root, I wasn't even able to drink water without sevre pain. Luckily my dad is a dentist and was able to pull some favors in a foreign city to get a Dr. to see me on Christmas eve...
        Monkey!!!

Comment

wow.... that was bad.

thankfully it is over and done with.

Comment

paiktis22, don't worry.. one of my buddies fell skateboarding and knocked all his front teeth completely. They replaced them with new teeth (crowns?), and he said it was pure hell getting that done, basically getting half of your teeth replaced. So.. you're not having it that bad .. and he came out allright.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

my dentist tried 3 times to attach the synthetic rytine. 3 times it fell off during the brushig of my teeth.

i simply dont want to brush them AT ALL now

i have a "pre-filling" now supposed to last 15 days, whereas the gum will be fully healed hopefully and then he can try again...

it's weird how your mind plays tricks on you though, because now i'm afraid about my other synethic rytine fillings too...

Comment

I remember an auntie of mine had done that when she was 20 and that was in 1940...
                Yeah, perhaps... My father (a periodontist) just started performing them about a decade ago though. Maybe it had something to do with ADA approval or the technique. I also remember going with him to the courses where he learned to do it. (I didn't attend the courses, just got a free trip out of it)
                Monkey!!!

Comment

my aunt was a bit crazy about her looks.... she allegendly replaced all her teeth just because a couple of them were a bit "turned" (not totally straight)
                  so she might very well have gone risking a bit... in the 1940s...

a periodontist is what im going to visit next, it's supposed to hurt as hell, he's going to do the most important work cleaning everything. (so not even a shadow of infection of the gum and almost 100% guarantee of success of s. rytine).

pekka that's actualyl comforting

Comment

she may of gotten a bridge...
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

nope, it was implants. all of her teeth. i know this for sure.

Comment

the "allegendly" i wrote was about the reason why she did it.

Comment

of course the one implant that was going to save her life (kidney transplant) wasnt meant to happen...

Comment

she had to do aimokatharsis (cleaning of the blood through a machine) almost 2 times a week for years... still she stayed so strong... she was a winter swimmer too...
                            the older generations were really so strong, they had been through wars, starvation, suffering and never faltered and always with a smile on their faces...

we're wimps in comparison. big wimps./ end rant

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                              My personal torment: Degenerative Lumber Disc Disease.
                              You should cut them so they'll fall away from your house when they do.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X