What Should I Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH
    Boddies, people always need other people to sell them burgers.

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Just work in the City bod, you'll have very little other options being an economist, unless you go into Accounting instead (as stinger says, you'll get some exemptions (altho still years of qualificatons to do tho).
      If you work in the City you can commute from a rural area.
      Up The Millers

Comment

Become a racing tipster, you'll have more success than economists do
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Ha ha..well, at the end of the day, I don't need to do an Economics-related job. A degree is mainly a signal of ability - there's little I've learnt that can actually be applied in the world of work.

Economics is a great degree as it combines the best parts of arts and science. it gives you a grounding in how people behaviour, and additionally a good mathematical/statistical basis. Not many subjects give both of those.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I thought it was dull. but yes it shows you can add up and write an essay so its quite useful

Comment

It's quite interesting to see how ideas you have in your mind actually work their ways into theories that you already kind of knew.

For example, I'd always say to mates that getting into a bit of debt at our stage of lives in no big deal at all, as we'll earn it all back plus a lot more besides. Now I find Friedman and Modgliani have already espoused this.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

You should get a job writing editorials for the Daily Mail.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                  Now I find Friedman and Modgliani have already espoused this.
                  Modigliani (and his mate Miller) was a bit of a nonce. I can't believe they got a Nobel prize for saying that getting into debt upto your ears is good and that you can ignore the effects of financial distress.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

"getting into debt upto your ears is good"

That's like saying it's pointless borrowing in order to invest.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Its pointless borrowing if you pay more in interest that you receive in returns.

Comment

Hmm for this prupose it is the same though.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

The only way to get a real good job nowadays is to get a Masters or PhD level degree. Learning a few languages (French, German, Spanish would b emy suggestions) helps as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                            Hmm for this prupose it is the same though.
                            I edited my post. I misread what you wrote at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                              Its pointless borrowing if you pay more in interest that you receive in returns.
                              The returns on education have been estimated at 7% for every extra year spent in formal education (my tutor wrote the paper - another one is here https://www.qmw.ac.uk/~ugte153/WSite...winsjune00.pdf ).

Anyway, I don't see how your posts are relating to my post a few posts back. Just after an argument?
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I was just commenting on Modigliani's madness in general, whether you get into debt or not is entirely upto you. Wasn't really what I was focusing on.

Comment

Working...
                                X