What Should I Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should I Do?

Well I'm almost two-thirds of my way through a Bsc Economics degree at Aberystwyth.

I love the town but it is small, and the chances of earning over even £10k are minimal unless I have a good understanding of Welsh. Which I haven't got.

I've heard the demand for economics degrees is greater in the States and I would earn a far greater salary but I doubt I'll go there. I don't think I'll go the Masters route either.

I can't see myself living in London or any other large urban area...

I know what I don't want to do but I've not yet seen something that really appeals.

Recommendations?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

I didn't think the boyos could discriminate if you couldn't speak welsh
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

It's Wales, The Stinger.

It's like saying the French couldn't discriminate if you can't speak French.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

No only a minority speak welsh, so it seems a bit harsh if you can't get a job without it.
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

you're having a laugh right, no bugger in wales actually speaks welsh.

what sort of job/career do you want?
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Not many jobs for economists with no higher degree.

Comment

I've heard the demand for economics degrees is greater in the States and I would earn a far greater salary but I doubt I'll go there. I don't think I'll go the Masters route either.

If you go to the US you should be full of self-loathing. There is nothing worse than economic migrants stealing local jobs.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Not many jobs for economists outside cities I would think either? Start your own business.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Most advertisements in the Cambrian News for anything about Clerical Assistance, TheStinger, require either a knowledge of Welsh, or a good understanding of it. I know at least eight Welsh speakers.

That's the thing Cockney; I've not actually heard about something that I want to do!
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                      Not many jobs for economists outside cities I would think either? Start your own business.
                      That's a possibility but I'd need capital.

Very good Big Crunch.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

You'll be exempt form some accountancy modules if you chose that option

Comment

well you must have some vauge idea...

and yeah i think i know two people who speak welsh, but what's the point, they even speak to each other in english, i doubt they'll ever use it.

Comment

A good freind of mine is rampantly welsh, he can only swear in the language.

Comment

Boddies, people always need other people to sell them burgers.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X