No announcement yet.

What if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe we should wait and see what the new government of iraq (when it is put in place) is actually like before writing it off?
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

US finds Santa in Iraq!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

US kills the Easter Rabbit in a friendly fire incident....

Comment

The stakes may be just high enough for US to fabricate evidence that they found WMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
            Yea, yea. I know more good will come out of it than bad. But that WASNT the reason for the war.

And there is plenty of even more ruthless dictators in the world that need to be wasted. You dont wanna get involved into 5 wars per year, do you?

A lot of people at ACS like to pick and choose, and ignore what they don't want to hear.

Again, this is 12 years over-due.
            Get over it.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The US is already playing down the whole WMD angle: they have been doing it since about a week in, when nothing had happened or been found. The thing is, it is not only about finding a few weapons. Remember Topny asking "where are the 10,000 liters of Anthrax?". Well, lets say they find 10...a whole war for 10 liters of anthrax? Notice as well how they are already downplaying any notion of actually getting Saddam, even though supposedly if Saddam and his two sons left Iraq, that would immediatly solve the issue and avert war?

But itsagreenday's position is what we should expect. If in the coming weeks nothing significant is found, specially about ties to Al qaeda either (anyone remember Ansar Al_islam? we got their headquarters a week ago. We got documents..let see....), then all Tony and Bush will say is "we liberated Iraq", and that's all people who supported this war as some way to strike at terrorism will do too: it doesn't matter if they really could give a crap about Iraqis and supported this war cause they think it would make them safer: once it is called a victory everyone will want to ignore any blemishes, specially if it turns out the US and UK lied about the whole disarmament issue (hey look the UN DID disamr Iraq peacefully...imagine that) to get a war.

I will give the Coolition a few weeks after the end of hostilities to find EVERYTHING they kept saying Iraq had, or finding where it all of a sudden went. After that they get no more grace period.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It seems like a can't win situation.

If they find evidence... the people against the war will claim it was fabricated. Some people won't change their minds either way...
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You know the world's gone mad when the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the USA of arrogance and the Germans don't want to go to war!
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    A lot of people at ACS like to pick and choose, and ignore what they don't want to hear.
                    Such as yourself. You don't want to hear that there is no plausible reason that the US can use to invade Iraq.

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Again, this is 12 years over-due.
                    Get over it.
                    What made you judge, jury, and executioner?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I find it interesting that the palaces have been cleaned out... There was a little furniture left in the main palace, but everything else was gone. Could it be they don't want to leave any evidence behind...

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                        You don't want to hear that there is no plausible reason that the US can use to invade Iraq.
                        And you don't want to believe that there is a plausible reason... so, your point?

Everybody has their own opinion on the subject. And neither sides opinons are more or less valid... THEY ARE JUST OPINIONS.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

And you don't want to believe that there is a plausible reason...
                          Plausible ... yes... but morally?

Comment

An unprovoked invasion for the natural resources of a third world country, a scary precedent.
                            Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              I find it interesting that the palaces have been cleaned out... There was a little furniture left in the main palace, but everything else was gone. Could it be they don't want to leave any evidence behind...

And if they didn't? wasn;t one of the Biggets reasons for this war to keep Iraqi WND out of the hands of "bad elements", i mena, that was most of Bush's monday before the war speech. If by the end of the warit turns out the Iraqis smuggled their stuff out of Iraq, and into the hands of bad elements, then to you this is not a problem? or a failure?

Again, the US and UK had a whole litanty of "evidence" Iraq was up to no good in the WMD front: they spoke about hundreads of Mustard Gas shells, tons of Nerve agents, tesn of thousands of liters of Anthrax, 20 or so SCUDS, UAV's capanle of spraying cities with ChemBio weapons, mobile bio-agent labs, so forth and so on. By the end of this war, given a few weeks as well, I want to see a report compiled telling me if a) this stuff ever was, b) if it was, were id it end up. If it turns out either most of this stuff neevr was, had been destroyed prior to the war, or is no longer on Iraq, I will say loudly that the US and Uk either lied about this issue or failed to secure one of their war aims, which was to keep these things out of the hands of anti-American forces.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Nevs23
                                Plausible ... yes... but morally?
                                Again... one could argue that the war is the moral thing to do...

It's all personal opinions...

I personally will wait to see what kind of evidence is found and make a judgement after/if it is found.

Some people have already stated up front that they won't believe it even if it is found. That type of attitude just proves that their mind is already made up, and they don't really care if there is evidence to prove them wrong....
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X