No announcement yet.

Karelia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. This thread seems to be dying. Maybe some history buff could dig out some dirt from Canada's history?

No. 4 coming in...

As a Finn, I wan't to answer to the troll too! I think Finland made a right decision when accepting military aid from the Nazis. I could well have saved our independence. It was clear to Finland that the Soviet Union was preparing for another attack on Finland and so we needed to seek support from the Germans. Technically, the Soviets started the Continuation War by bombing German aircraft located in Finland (that had attacked the Soviets earlier as a part of the main Nazi invasion to Soviet Union). Finland never unconditionally surrendered to the Soviets and neither was it conquered by Soviet troops.
    "Relax, pay your income tax!" - The Fast Show
    "Once you discover white paint, you'll never wash your underwear again." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I might also add, that Finland made its way to the old lands and held them, they could have captured Leningrad and them some. Finland particulary didn't want to go further, as then we would have been robbing Russias lands. Also we didn't cut support lines that were vital to SU for Russian front against Nazis, though Nazis were demanding us to do it. But we refused.
      It was a wise decision, since there was no plan to conquer Russia. We didn't want it and even if we did, it would have been impossible and later we would have been annihilated. So we weren't looking forward to making more mess, we jsut wanted our lands back as it was. I might also add, that if we would have cut the support lines and took Leningrad, no one knows how the second world war would have ended.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vagabond

NHL is a dirty selfish monopoly. Year by year, it spoils the World Cup by not allowing all the best players to attend. As all other dirty monopolies, it should forcefully be divided in two.
        Damn right.

Did the trolls give up already?
        "Once you discover white paint, you'll never wash your underwear again." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

All I have to say is:

Invade Helsinki!!!
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
            All I have to say is:

Invade Helsinki!!!
            BRING IT ON!!!

Comment

Woohoo I'll be waiting
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

For some reason I'm glad we're not official representors of our countries
                In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  For some reason I'm glad we're not official representors of our countries

Just imagine if every country attented its foreign relations via public internet message boards. WWIII would start in a microsecond.

Comment

Helsinki Before:

Helsinki After:

Comment

• Evil Russians... bombing churches...

Comment

• Yeah Tass, nice one!
                        In da butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
                          Yeah Tass, nice one!
                          We Russians are always nice people

Comment

• Tassadar, being an obvious Stalin-loving commie, just wants to get rid of that Alexander the Howmanieth statue.
                            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• Just a small advice, there's universty buildings right next to that, so you might want to reload!
                              In da butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
                                Just a small advice, there's universty buildings right next to that, so you might want to reload!
                                University buildings?!

See, now this is a war of liberation......We cannot sit here and watch while your people are constricted by the Universities......First your students, and then what? ALL OF FINLAND?!

Comment

Working...
                                X