Karelia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    Yes.. Hitler didn't get to keep his conquered lands, and I don't see any reasons why Stalin should get to keep the either. It's not like he was a lot nicer.
    Hitler lost. Stalin didn't.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Frogger, We can settle this in WC hockey games in two weeks.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

World Cup?

I refuse to refer to it by anything other than its original name.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Lancer, Yeah, if nothing else works, I'll be crossing the borders with Jose and Pedro

We wouldn't need to attack. We would just need to show that we mean business. EU is not going to help us, or UN for that matter.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Canada - Finnland - ?

The New Axis of E-VILLE.

Beware their SMDs!
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

World Championship, I thought?

You know, it's the tournament featuring all of the players from the crappy NHL teams that didn't make it into the playoffs...

No Markkinnen for you, Finns!
              "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
              "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
              "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Frogger, I meant world championship.. You call yourself Canadian and don't even know when they play World Cup? Come on!
                In da butt.

Comment

Frogger, We can settle this in WC hockey games in two weeks.
                  We'll settle this at the World Cup in September, when all best players are present.

Oops, sorry. It will only take place in September 2004.
                  Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                    Sounds like we have some common ground, considering the Finns trounced Stalin.

No they didn't; they lost the Winter War, even with the Nazis' help.

That's what we're discussing here.
                    Are you on crack?

They survived the the Red Army all on their lonesome. Not only that, they trounced their asses in many cases.

The Winter War was over by the time the Germans started rolling in '41. It did almost assure the Finns would join in the fun though.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Vagabond, Yes we will.. I say we beat you in both games, world cup and world championship games .
                      Then you give us Karelia back?
                      In da butt.

Comment

Frogger, I meant world championship.. You call yourself Canadian and don't even know when they play World Cup? Come on!
                        Oops...

It's playoff season over here. We've got more important things to think about.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Pekka, see? You already need reinforcement from your fellow Finns, and this is just a thread in this 2 bit OT, not war w/ the Rooskies!

Btw, if you need help w/ war with the Rooskies, I had some training in that regard. For a small retainer...
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

notyoueither, don't mind Frogger, he's always like that, trying to get to me He even admitted it couple of days ago!
                            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Are you on crack?

They survived the the Red Army all on their lonesome. Not only that, they trounced their asses in many cases.

The Winter War was over by the time the Germans started rolling in '41. It did almost assure the Finns would join in the fun though.
                              The Finns lost the war. They came out with less territory than they went in, and the peace was more on the Russians' terms than on theirs.

They gave Stalin a harder time than anybody had the right to expect, but the still lost.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
                                World Championship, I thought?

You know, it's the tournament featuring all of the players from the crappy NHL teams that didn't make it into the playoffs...

No Markkinnen for you, Finns!
                                You must mean Markkinnen?
                                We'll settle with Koivu and Selänne .
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X