Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro-War non-Americans, what's your opinion of Bush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A worse world will come from this 'liberation war'...And the subsequent wars to follow.
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Trouble is, that's the ass-backward third-world standard election system we still have, so he won - he just won as a result of a very dodgy, primitive, inconsistent system. México, of all places, has a more accurate, nationally consistent election system than the US does.
      It's sad when Mexico has something better than the US.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Poll options are too black-and-white; I don't think Bush is either "good" or "bad". I support his policies on Iraq (12 years is long enough, the UN was effectively stalemated and the status quo is no longer acceptable) and North Korea (no sense talking to known liars, other regional powers should be stepping up to the plate, and where's the vaunted UN in this case, hmm?), but I think his diplomatic skills, and those of his subordinates (save Powell) are nothing short of atrocious. The rifts between the USA and the EU/UN needn't have been so deep if the USA's case had been made more skillfully, though I don't believe France would ever have bought into it anyway.

EDIT to add: I also feel Bush's domestic security policies are nothing short of frightening, with fear-mongering "Orange Alerts", indefinite internment of "suspected" terrorists without access to a lawyer, court, jury, or even being charged with a crime, excessive enforcement of border policies with Canada (I started a thread on this last week), and truly totalitarian-scope legislation like Patriot Act and its successor.
        Last edited by optimus2861; April 6, 2003, 13:33.
        "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          A lot of Democrats believe that 2004 will be like 1992. They forget one thing. Bush I didn't lose in 1992, rather Bill Clinton won (if you follow). The Democrats were lucky to have one of the best politicians in American history running. And then a myth has built up over Bush 1 screwed up. I seriously have doubts that Bush would have lost in 1992 if anyone other than Clinton ran.
          but you seem to think that 1988 was the same as 2000. Bush today is over 10% behind his dad when it comes to war popularity. Why? Becuase there is alarge and motivated poll out there that remembers 200 and will fight tooth and nail to nail Bush and his ilk.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm pro war.

I don't like Bush.

Politicians should have eloquence an an ability to empathise with their audience.He can't.

Also all the stuff about the US being the graetest is just so overplayed. I know US presidents have to go on like that but he does it too much.
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Bush Sr. lost because of Perot, not Clinton. Clinton only got 43% of the vote. In fact, he only got a majority in Arkansas and D.C. Having two conservative candidates on the ballot (and the minor one getting 18% of the vote) elected Bill Clinton. The American people still overwhelmingly voted conservative.
              Since when does the national security of the United States depend on the opinions of the heads of state of Angola, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chile, and Guinea?

Comment

Yeah, but they voted Perot because they didn't like Bush!
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                X