Islam as religion of peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam as religion of peace

One of my best friends is muslim. She says, that Islam is really religion of peace, if it is not guided by dictators and fanatics. The Iraqi Islam is not the Islam from the Koran. Suicide bombers are not mentioned in Koran.

Explain your opinion on the topic here.
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Where is true Islam practiced, then?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Case in point.
      - Islam includes the OT of the Bible in its teachings.
      - Islam therefore worships a god who is clearly responsible for mass murder, and encouraging the Hebrews to conquer (Read "Rape, pillage and slaughter") the Cannites.
      - Islam is therefore not a religion of peace.

What more do you need?

I will give Islam one thing though. It's more of a religion of peace than Christanity. Afterall, the Christian god ordered his followers to kill all those of a different religion, including family members, friends and even their cattle, whereas the Moslem god simply required the enslaving of nonbelievers. (Deuteronomy 13:6-15 and Koran 9:29)
      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
        Where is true Islam practiced, then?
        In minds of really religious people. It's islam that was educated with no violence, with no pressure.
        money sqrt evil;

Comment

To Archaic: tehy killed foreigners not because rheir religion is different, but because they commited crimes against humanity and not only against other god.
          money sqrt evil;

Comment

Originally posted by muxec

In minds of really religious people. It's islam that was educated with no violence, with no pressure.
            Every religion claims to want nothing but peace. And peaceful followers of any certain religion cannot but call all more violent versions of their faith "abusing religion", being "not truly religious" etc.

Sure Islam wants peace. And there will be peace when the whole world will be ruled by muslims - see?
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

muxec: kto eto tvoya znakomaya?
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

BTW., there's no special "Iraqi islam". All muslim nations are highly intolerant towards non-believers - even towards the ahl al-kitab (people of the book - Christians and Jews and Zoroastrians and "Sabeans"), at least judged by our standards of religious liberties. According to several muslim schools of law, other religious groups beside muslims and ahl al-kitab do not have a right of existance in a muslim country (shiites believe so, but also shafiite and other sunnites).
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

Sure Islam wants peace. And there will be peace when the whole world will be ruled by muslims - see?
                  Changing two words:

"Sure USA wants peace. And there will be peace when the whole world will be ruled by USA - see?"

RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

its funny because its true
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

"Sure USA wants peace. And there will be peace when the whole world will be ruled by USA - see?"

What an utter load of rubbish. Why do people make these tasteless jokes which send a negative message and yet do not back it up in any way whatsoever.
                      As to Islam being a religion of peace-so is every other religion, provided you interpret it the way you want to (not that I do not say correctly, as there is no 'correct' interprettation).
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        muxec: kto eto tvoya znakomaya?
                        She is from Turkmenistan. I love her (really) . She is not very religious (not like haredim). You can meet her, if she is not mind.
                        money sqrt evil;

Comment

I hope, that USA will "liberate" the whole world.
                          money sqrt evil;

Comment

Originally posted by muxec
                            To Archaic: tehy killed foreigners not because rheir religion is different, but because they commited crimes against humanity and not only against other god.
                            If you'd like to make yourself more coherient, I'll gladly debate you on the point. Personally, I find many of your justifications (There was 1 rape gang in Sodom (Which Lot gave his virgin daughters to instead of the guests. Guess they're not as important to him because they're women, even though they're his own relations, eh? [And let's not forget the fact that they'll later have his children after his wife turns to salt]), and apparently some people liked Anal sex......geez, it's a wonder all the major cities on earth are still standing with standards like that.
                            Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

muxec: ne day yey tebe golovu zadurit'.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X