No announcement yet.

Im sorry if you like Eminem, but your not black and he isnt a gifted musician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't listen to rap, and I don't know if Eminem is a good rapper or not. But, other rappers say that he is legitimate, so he must be.

I heard a quote from Chris Rock once, " Don't tell me this country ain't changing, the best rapper around right now is white, Eminem, and the best golfer is black."

Are youn saying, Vesayen, that Tiger Woods can't be the best golfer because he's black?

We all know that golf was pretty much dominated by rich, white men since the beginning.

Musically, I'll give you a polar opposite.

I used to, and still do listen to "Living Colour", a black hard rock band. Are you saying they can't be good because they are black, when hard rock and heavy metal bands are almost all white? Also, you seem to be saying that any black man that listens to heavy metal is being a pretender too.

I have a couple of black friends that would disagree with your statements made.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
      Ok, I dont agree with what the post says but i think everyone here understood Vesayen when he said the Black comment.

What I think he is inferring is that Eminem acts black and tries to be black - but of course he's as white as a polar bear.
      Uh, that's not what Vesayen was saying at all:

Im sorry if you like eminem, but your[sic] not black(unless you are, in which case I rescind my comment)
      The "you're not black" comment is clearly directed at the fans of Eminem, not Eminem himself. It is falsely saying that only white people would listen to Eminem, and then making the racist implication that only black people are qualified to judge what is and isn't good rap talent.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
      X