No announcement yet.

Hollywood hypersensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scandals only happen when some pol. is bad at covering up. What about successful ones?

As for the bit about makign money: Do people really flee inherently political news? If so, our dmeocracy is doomed long term. Democracy only works as lonmg as people remain Citizens and not just masses eyarning fro bread and circuses.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Scandals only happen when some pol. is bad at covering up. What about successful ones?

Well obviously you don't hear about successful cover-ups, or else they wouldn't be cover-ups .

As for the bit about makign money: Do people really flee inherently political news? If so, our dmeocracy is doomed long term. Democracy only works as lonmg as people remain Citizens and not just masses eyarning fro bread and circuses.

It's sad isn't it?

The apathy is striking.

I guess that is why liberals and conservatives both agree that at least Bush is good because he got people to actually take a side .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What the hell do you mean by "hollywood"?
        Relax.

Hollywood is an industry, and just as conservative as any other industry. Given that those Sheen and sheen commercials were lauded and very notable, why would they pull them? Commercials are there to be memorable, so that you buy their product. Pulin memorable adds is like pulling out a good player froma team.
        When I say Hollywood, I mean Hollywood. Anything you thing you want to assume beyond that is irrelevant. Once you find the smoking gun to prove your theory great, until then we believe in innocent until proven guilty here & your accusation remains only an accusation.

Of coruse there is a counter pressure. If Visa were toa dmit to have done it ... we had in this country once.
        And you KNOW Visa did it for political reasons by the same logic others KNOW Saddam has WMD/nukes/whatever? And if you don't know thanks for your speculations.

Comment

Working...
        X