Someone please tell him to shut up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tingkai
    But apparently he strongly support the war as long as someone else does the dirty work, and as long as someone else pays for it.

With countrymen like these...
    Who said someone else should pay for it?
    The people in the war should pay for it.

I wouldn't be valuable as a soldier, my skills are better used elsewhere, so I'll be elsewhere.

It's obviously a last-resort tactic to tell people who support the war to go join the army. So you boys should rethink that one...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
      So, I guess you'll be looking for the nearest American tank to block with your body then, right Tingkai?
      Well said.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        By the time I'd be done boot camp, the war would be over.
        No way, there's a 20 year occupation while they loot the
        place, plenty of time for you to serve guarding the oilfields. Give a vet a break and take his place, so your
        boys can come home.

Comment

Who said someone else should pay for it?
          The people in the war should pay for it.

I wouldn't be valuable as a soldier, my skills are better used elsewhere, so I'll be elsewhere.

It's obviously a last-resort tactic to tell people who support the war to go join the army. So you boys should rethink that one...

So, you're saying that those of us who DON'T support the war... which is the majority of the country... should do more than you're doing (which is apparently nothing)?

If you don't do anything, why should Canada? Put your money where your mouth (or keyboard ) is.
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz
            No way, there's a 20 year occupation while they loot the
            place, plenty of time for you to serve guarding the oilfields. Give a vet a break and take his place, so your
            boys can come home.
            The computer people seldom are out in the battlefield I'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

So, you're saying that those of us who DON'T support the war... which is the majority of the country... should do more than you're doing (which is apparently nothing)?

If you don't do anything, why should Canada? Put your money where your mouth (or keyboard ) is.
              Do you realize you're making no sense?

I think that Canada should join in, and help pay for, the war.

As a Canadian taxpayer, I'd be helping fund that just as everyone else.

You also don't understand that people have different roles in society. Not everyone can, and not everyone should, join the military (I wouldn't be permitted in the US forces because of my sexuality anyway).

If we followed your logic, the only people who'd ever have a say in war are the people in the military.

You sure you don't wanna change your tune?

And as NYE said, as someone who opposes the war, unless you go and do something about it, perhaps YOU should be quiet, da?

Go step infront of a tank, go be a human shield. Hey, it's your logic.

Comment

We should toss Cellucci out...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The computer people seldom are out in the battlefield I'm told.
                  Right, you decide what you'll be doing.

They need grunts, Infantry not techs, just like
                  every other war in history, people start on supply
                  and end up in a rifle squad.

Comment

Maybe we should adopt Six Thousand Year Old Man's suggestions, although I don't think he thought them through.

• The country's position on war and conflict can only be decided by people in the armed forces.
                  • The more you contribute and pay in taxes to the country, the more your vote is worth.

Score. That'd be one sweet nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                    We should toss Cellucci out...
                    Good idea. Let's escalate.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz
                      Right, you decide what you'll be doing.

They need grunts, Infantry not techs, just like
                      every other war in history, people start on supply
                      and end up in a rifle squad.
                      Hey Ozz, maybe you don't understand how it works.

I do computers. I'm not a fighter.

Any smart military assigns someone to what they're good at. I've already got half a degree (a bit more, actually) in computer science, which entitles me to a $20,000 signing bonus alone in the Canadian Forces.

They aren't going to pay me $20K to sign up, and then go make me a grunt. I'd obviously be trained in the information systems.

College students tend to become officers, not grunts. And college students with technically useful college degrees tend to go into those fields, and don't become field commanders.

Comment

I'll be paying US taxes soon enough, they'll get their due.
                        And you're the one moaning about the brain drain?

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                          And you're the one moaning about the brain drain?
                          I'm one of the people who realizes how absolutely REAL it is.

Of course I'm the one moaning about the brain drain, why the eyeroll?

There are reasons so many compsci students fly south. Ottawa doesn't care, Asian immigrants take our position when we leave.

Ottawa considers that okay, I think Ottawa should work on building up industries rather than barely sustaining.

But hey, I'm no politician.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither Good idea. Let's escalate.
                            Yes, he needs to be "Pied" Banna cream would be best.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz

Yes, he needs to be "Pied" Banna cream would be best.
                              Perhaps a nice souffle would be more in line with current moods.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Working...
                                X