Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frogger
    You don't remember Rwanda or GW1?

Last year they had a picture of a white farmer that had been killed by a mob in Zimbabwe...
    Don't recall seeing any pictures of that in the paper...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There are also television images from GW1 showing hundreds of blackened Iraqi corpses lying next to their burning vehicles...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
        Yes, they are...
        That's going a bit too far. Fox News definitely is and CNN has been a disagrace in the last week. I can't get Al Jazeera but I here they have 4 million new subscribers outside the Arab world since the war started.

Anyway, I haven't seen any of the appalling sentimentalism that seems to characterise much of the western reporting on their website. You know what I mean: "Little Johnny Yankee just got riddled with machine gun bullets but survived, how do you feel about this Johnny's Mom?"

Uggh!
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

They let you in the computer cafe's AND you have access to a television??? Pretty good life for washing car windows on a corner of Yonge, if you ask me!

Comment

No link?

This wasn't on cbc, and I Google-newsed for it and I couldn't find a decent article. Anyone?
            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

I was just kidding (mainly)

But there's been altogether too much cheerleading, and not enough real discussion. I've only watched a small portion of the war coverage, and none at all from the US in the last week.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Frogger, I think Iraq is still hiring for their military.

Here's the story, as I read it.

Iraq Acts Against Al-Jazeera Network
                6 minutes ago

DOHA, Qatar - The Arab satellite channel Al-Jazeera announced Thursday that Iraqi officials are expelling one of its reporters from Baghdad and barring another from reporting.

The station interrupted a regular newscast to announce that Iraq (news - web sites)'s Information Ministry had informed it that correspondent Diar al-Omari, an Iraqi, could no longer report for the network and that visiting correspondent Tayseer Allouni must leave the country.

"Regretting this decision, Al-Jazeera has decided to suspend its live broadcast from Iraq and will only broadcast recorded items received from Iraq," the station announced.

There was no immediate announcement of the move from Iraqi officials, who have taken similar actions against several Western networks, including CNN.

Western critics have often accused Al-Jazeera of a pro-Iraqi bias in its coverage of the U.S.-led attack on Saddam Hussein (news - web sites)'s government.

The station is partially financed by the government of Qatar, which also hosts the U.S. military's Central Command for the region.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Frogger, I think Iraq is still hiring for their military.
                  And I think Bush's blackshirts are still looking for a few good thugs. Snooze...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
                    No link?

This wasn't on cbc, and I Google-newsed for it and I couldn't find a decent article. Anyone?
                    It was on CNN about half an hour ago.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                      They let you in the computer cafe's AND you have access to a television??? Pretty good life for washing car windows on a corner of Yonge, if you ask me!
                      They undid your strait jacket long enough for you to post, eh?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Owner of Al Jazeera is Jewish. And tons of News presented was "directed" to give meanings not intended.
                        RAW, Rise of An Ancient Warrior, Muslims Online Gaming Community, A Five Year old Gaming Community serving AOK,AOC, AOM,WC3,CS. Future Games for RAW: RON. [RAW Site]: www.muslims-online.com

Comment

You are a DL, right?
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

They undid your strait jacket long enough for you to post, eh?
                            UH OH!

Spelling usually helps when dealing with THE CRAZY GUY HAR HAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RAW_OmarBKhatab
                              Owner of Al Jazeera is Jewish. And tons of News presented was "directed" to give meanings not intended.
                              Eh? [slaps self to make sure not dreaming]
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka

UH OH!

Spelling usually helps when dealing with THE CRAZY GUY HAR HAR!!!
                                Quick, hide! The nurses are coming.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X