Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spectator's Garage: Do you need help, parts or advice? I'm your man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpencerH

1994 125K miles
    I 99% sure it's not the seat belt but really the spring. And I'm 99.99999999% sure that if you take it apart your self you can fix it WITHOUT buying any new or used parts.

Keep me posted please, I'll keep my score.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln

The car has 160,000 miles. I am mainly concerned with an engine breakdown on the highway, even thout it now runs perfectly. Is there an ignition part that is likely to fail first?
      Ummmm, does your car smoke? I mean do you have blue or white smoke comin out of your exhaust?
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator

In that case I would guess it's your bearing in the wheel. But I have 3 questions, does your brake pedal jump when you brake? Does your car pull on a specific side when you dont hold the steering wheel? And what kind of brakes do you have on your rear wheels, disks or drums?
        No
        No
        Discs I think.
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

No
          No
          Discs I think.

I'm 99.9% sure it's your bearing. If you want to find one you can always go in a scrapyard or buy a rebuilt one. It's fairly easy to change by yourself but the only problem you'll come into is most likely rusted bolts.
          If you want to do it yourslef go right ahaed but when you'll get to screwing your disk back on, dont screw it too tight, otherwise you'll squeeze your bearing and it'll break within a week or so. No more than 55 to 55 pounds of pressure.

Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator

I'm 99.9% sure it's your bearing. If you want to find one you can always go in a scrapyard or buy a rebuilt one. It's fairly easy to change by yourself but the only problem you'll come into is most likely rusted bolts.
            If you want to do it yourslef go right ahaed but when you'll get to screwing your disk back on, dont screw it too tight, otherwise you'll squeeze your bearing and it'll break within a week or so. No more than 55 to 55 pounds of pressure.

Anything else?
            cheers I'm a mechanical muppet so I won't be doing it myself. Should I consider getting it done urgently.
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

cheers I'm a mechanical muppet so I won't be doing it myself. Should I consider getting it done urgently.
              ASAP!! If it's really your bearing and it's squeeking it means that there is friction and if if there is friction there is heat and heat melt metal so your bearing will soon fuse together and it will break. Then your wheel wont roll and it will be like having your emergency break on all the time and that can result in more costly problems.

Spec.

Comment

Working...
              X