Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spectator's Garage: Do you need help, parts or advice? I'm your man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectator's Garage: Do you need help, parts or advice? I'm your man.

Hello to all,

Do you have a car and need cheap parts for it? Do you need advice on anything concerning mechanical problems to car statistics? Are you looking to buy some rare car? If so, spill it, I'm sure I can help you where ever you are!

Also, it's free!!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

My seat belts dont retract properly anymore. Do I have to get soaked at an Acura dealer or can I replace them myself? If so are seat belts relatively standard parts, I cant find acura-specific belts on the web?
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

You can do it yourself easily if you know how to use a screw driver and a pair of pliers.
      Depending on the year of you acura you can probably find what you need in a scrapyard but I doubt that your seatbelt mecanism is broken. It's usualy the spring that gets stuck so if you just take it apart, I'm preety sure you'll fix it right away. I also just might be an adjustment.

Depending on how your interior is built it can take from 30 mins to 3 hours to take apart but it's really easy to do.

Good luck!

Anything else?
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I have a 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 Door. It has weird door handles near the window, rather than on the door. Inside, a metal bar broke off and the driver's side door can no longer be opened from the outside. I'm too scared to go to a garage to get an estimate because I'm sure it is one of those jobs where I get reamed in the 4ss. Any idea on where I could get such a part? I could fix it if I had the right part.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have a weird squeak comming from the rear wheels, you hear it most when slowing down especialy up hill.
          Its a 2001 Seat Leon(which is very similar to a VW Golf)
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

So I dont need to buy new belts? I thought it was that the belts were worn and "sticky" and so wouldnt retract.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              I have a 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2 Door. It has weird door handles near the window, rather than on the door. Inside, a metal bar broke off and the driver's side door can no longer be opened from the outside. I'm too scared to go to a garage to get an estimate because I'm sure it is one of those jobs where I get reamed in the 4ss. Any idea on where I could get such a part? I could fix it if I had the right part.
              Scrapyard, you'll find it for sure, or if you dont want to leave your house, try Ebay. Last resort, carparts.com.

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                I have a weird squeak comming from the rear wheels, you hear it most when slowing down especialy up hill.
                Its a 2001 Seat Leon(which is very similar to a VW Golf)
                Slowing down when you break or just decelarate?

Comment

What are the best spare parts to take along (other than the obvious fan belts etc.) on a cross country trip in my 1988 Honda Accord?

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                    So I dont need to buy new belts? I thought it was that the belts were worn and "sticky" and so wouldnt retract.
                    Most likely no, but of course I haven't seen the car. What year is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator

Slowing down when you break or just decelarate?
                      both! but I don't get the impression its linked to breaking
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
                        What are the best spare parts to take along (other than the obvious fan belts etc.) on a cross country trip in my 1988 Honda Accord?

Depends on your car really.....How many miles you plan to drive and for how long. How many miles or Km does your car have?

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

both! but I don't get the impression its linked to breaking
                          In that case I would guess it's your bearing in the wheel. But I have 3 questions, does your brake pedal jump when you brake? Does your car pull on a specific side when you dont hold the steering wheel? And what kind of brakes do you have on your rear wheels, disks or drums?

Comment

Most likely no, but of course I haven't seen the car. What year is it?
                            1994 125K miles

Comment

Depends on your car really.....How many miles you plan to drive and for how long. How many miles or Km does your car have?

Spec.
                              The car has 160,000 miles. I am mainly concerned with an engine breakdown on the highway, even thout it now runs perfectly. Is there an ignition part that is likely to fail first?

Comment

Working...
                              X