X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: 5 Years Ago this...

Originally posted by Big Crunch

Isn't that entrapment?
    In most cases yes it is entrapment. These "tea room" stings almost always are instigated because of complaints and use passive techniques to observe the behavior rather than actively approaching people. They tend to have a very high rate of conviction because they catch people red handed and pass constitutional muster.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

I agree, i'm glad they were found not guilty, but on the facts of that I know it does seem reasonable to have gone to court, if only to clarify the law. Which I also accept is a bit tough on those concerned.
      They weren't found Not Guilty. They were found guilty and imprisoned, being released on appeal. The appeal focussed on the severity of the sentencing, not the law.

Therefore anyone can still be imprisoned for behaving likewise.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
        hahahaha Asher I'm sure you know of Glenmore Park late at night?

When being taught how to drive years ago, cars kept pulling up beside me whenever I parked, flashing the lights as a sort of mating dance. When the tinted window of the suburban rolled down to reveal my rather pissed off Dad, the flamer scumbags would drive off pretty hastily

I didn't know about that, actually. And I don't think I want to know.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

From my understanding of the George Michael case I believe it would indeed count as entrapment in a British court. I don't think having police officers come on to people only to then arrest them is acceptable.

That said I think having sex in public toilets is revolting, whether you're straight, gay, lesbian or bisexual.
          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
            I don't care to read of things like this, but was the undercover cop not some guy just taking a dump beside George's stall and heard him whacking?
            We're supposed to act as if we're sexless, but if we all lost our drives, you can bet those same lawmakers would be terrified of the population loss.

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
              From my understanding of the George Michael case I believe it would indeed count as entrapment in a British court. I don't think having police officers come on to people only to then arrest them is acceptable.

That said I think having sex in public toilets is revolting, whether you're straight, gay, lesbian or bisexual.
              There's no defence of entrapment in English criminal law as such. The Colin Stagg case was an infamous example.

It can be taken into consideration by juries, or by the Judge in sentencing, but it's very far from a blanket "Get out of jail free" card.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Public sex is not respectable in any sense.

But are homosexuals suppose to be afraid to go up to someone in public now, and ask for just a date, without the public stripping?
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                X