Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont Send Cute Young Girls On The Battlefield, Send This One Instead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Send Cute Young Girls On The Battlefield, Send This One Instead!

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

fix your ebay story link
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I never liked Madonna before, but this thread is kind of in poor taste, since we have another one still MIA (PFC Lori Piestewa), she just hasn't gotten the media attention PFC Lynch has.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

thanks

Comment

this thread is kind of in poor taste
          how so? i'm not making fun of the MIA

there are two aims in the article
          1) Madonna for self-censorship
          2) the US army for sending 19 year old girls in the battlefield

Comment

always willing to help a greek!
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              this thread is kind of in poor taste
              how so? i'm not making fun of the MIA

there are two aims in the article
              1) Madonna for self-censorship
              2) the US army for sending 19 year old girls in the battlefield
              1) Madonna's a moron, except in the self-promotion game. The "self-censorship" turned out to be a better PR machine that the video would have been.

2) The US (and Brits) send 18 year olds into the field. The US sends troops of both genders, although females are limited to combat support services roles, which is a moot point when you take a wrong turn or get ambushed in a supposedly safe area. PFC Lynch was doing her job, just like PFC Piestewa was doing hers, and everyone else doing theirs. She shouldn't get undue attention because she's young and cute, it demeans her and everyone else young and not cute.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Its oviously ok for old ugly people to serve their country.
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                  1) Madonna's a moron, except in the self-promotion game. The "self-censorship" turned out to be a better PR machine that the video would have been.
                  i cant imagine many people saying "good for her shuting up!". then again i never imagined people agreeing with things like Peter Arnett geting fired

2) The US (and Brits) send 18 year olds into the field. The US sends troops of both genders, although females are limited to combat support services roles, which is a moot point when you take a wrong turn or get ambushed in a supposedly safe area.
                  and you agree with it?

PFC Lynch was doing her job, just like PFC Piestewa was doing hers, and everyone else doing theirs. She shouldn't get undue attention because she's young and cute, it demeans her and everyone else young and not cute.
                  undue attention? first of all, it didnt start by me, tell it to the rest of the sites on the net and media
                  second, i'm just using her image as an example to make an argument in an attempt to a semi-serious, semi-fun article. sorry if you found it in bad taste....

perhaps i should shut up to avoid risking offending anyone who might misinterpret the meaning of my articles

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                    Its oviously ok for old ugly people to serve their country.
                    if she supports the troops and country, she should show it!

19.... she cant drive, can see?

Comment

sometimes i wish i was a mod. one can say many things an ordinary poster cannot...

Comment

if she supports the troops and country, she should show it!

19.... she cant drive, can see?
                        19 yaer olds can drive in the US IIRC, they certainly can in the UK
                        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

LaRusso, get your own site

btw, imarton is also mtg-free (beyond ming-free)

Comment

i cant imagine many people saying "good for her shuting up!". then again i never imagined people agreeing with things like Peter Arnett geting fired
                            Most PR people I've dealth with take the view that any publicity is good publicity. Madonna gets to play it both ways, and gets her name in the news. Not bad for a washed up semi-talent, is it?

and you agree with it?
                            They're adults. I don't like it any more than sending 40 year olds, but if you up the bottom age limit, it's not very practical. Hard to convince 30 year olds to join for E1 pay.

undue attention? first of all, it didnt start by me, tell it to the rest of the sites on the net and media
                            second, i'm just using her image {snip}

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                              19 yaer olds can drive in the US IIRC, they certainly can in the UK
                              sorry, wrong category.

she cant drink.....

Comment

Working...
                              X