my life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by korn469
    well guys thanks for listening. it's like 4am and i'm heading to bed, feeling less depressed than when i first started typing. my problems haven't changed but the way i feel about them has changed slightly
    Like I said, misery loves company. It helped me out as well reading about some of your troubles. Just don't get to caught up in them. You're still very young, things will blow over eventually. You just might have to accept some crap for awhile before they do.

And remember, at least you're not an Iraqi!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

~50,000 students? right?
      hmm.. last time i checked, it was like 60,000, IIRC. I could double check tho.

nope, you were right, 50,000 students.
      "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
      - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

When I was an adolesant I spent two years in a reform school. It was a miserable experience. Oft-times (usually at least once a week) I will have dreams (nighttime ones) about being back and that feeling of being trapped.

The other night, I had a dream that started out like that, and then it somehow switched (you know how dreams are) and I was back with my roommate who I currently live with. In the dream the apartment was different, I was in a city, in a smaller room. I looked out my window and it was raining, I saw some guys loading and unloading a truck, a poor looking woman walking up to a window below me and donating something to some charity, people just going about their everyday business.

It was one of those dreams that is unremarkable except for the rich emotion I felt when I woke up. I remember thinking in the dream, "I don't know what to do exactally, I don't know where to go, but at least I'm free!!".

How does this relate to you? Well I didn't read every post but I did read you had some kind of legal situation. Basically my advice is, no matter how bad you feel, no matter how you may sabatoge yourself (as we all sometimes do) make sure you take care of your legal problems. You don't want to end up in jail. Your emotions and relationships may make you feel trapped but in reality you are not. As long as you are alive and out of jail there are great possibilities in the world. Just accept your emotions : don't try to fight them, don't give in and dwell in them too deeply either; just observe them and don't hide from them. Know that it is impossible for anything to last forever, a moment of utter bliss & intimacy can only last so long but so can your most miserable moments too. Always keep your future-self in mind and respect him by not creating a situation now that will screw him over.

By the way, I had a similar experience to your falling-in-the-lake one. Just remember what is important. Good luck!

- Narz
        Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Comment

Narz

thanks for the advice! It's good to know that people have been through messes and have made it out intact. I'm doing everything in my power to resolve my legal situation, and I've got the best advice on the situation I can afford (lol, thankfully that is something more than the free but helpful advice you guys have provided me here), and I am hopeful everything is going to work out! It looks like things should go in my favor, but you never really know till it's all over with. I know that appreciating what you do have, is the real key to happiness.

Thanks for all of the help guys! It did cheer me up. Today although lots of bad things have happened, one great thing happened that more than made up for it all! So I've been smiling like the entire second half of the day

Comment

Today although lots of bad things have happened, one great thing happened that more than made up for it all! So I've been smiling like the entire second half of the day
            you win the lottery or somethn? or did you fall in love? hehe, so many great things can happen in life... im probably way off
            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

just one of the things i had been worrying about worked out for me, and not only did it work out it worked out better than what i expected!

Comment

Great to hear.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sent you a PM, korn.

Comment

korn: my advice hang in there..just keep going..put your head down and trudge...
                    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

devilmunhkin

thanks for the encouragement! i've had a really good past two days, and i'm still struggling through this mess. in about two or three months i should know how it is all going to turn out

edit: though that doesn't mean it'll be good, lol...though i truly hope it will be

Comment

Working...
                      X