Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by korn469
    nye

unfortunatly no, circumstances (and the war) have taken all of my close friends away for the time being, i'm the kind of person who has very few close friends but many aquaintences, and for whatever reason i feel better about opening up on here than to people i barely know in real life

i'll tell you had bad it is, i've been too depressed (plus busy) to play computer games lol
    I am much the same way right now myself. I have few close friends but many aquaintances that i cant just open up to. I am in kinda of a dark time that has seemed to have just been looming for the past semester. It would occasionally go away, but it would just come back adn linger some more. I know some of the causes, there are many more than one, but im not sure if there are more still... I will not admit i am depressed, i really dont think i am, but... i dunno.

Its just my future is uncertain, i am rapidly approaching a huge, major crossroads in my life, and there is soo much uncertainty. this causes much anxiety. there is a girl i cant get over... this is causing emotional ****. And then other stuff too. I think about it, and it takes up time, and distracts me from my studies, my grades have been suffering as a result. this has just added to the tumult.

The only thing that keeps from slipping into depression are all the things i have going for me, and these are the things that even make me happy on occasion. My one word of advise is perhaps you should examine the things in your life that make you happy, feel special. Do you ahve any talents that set you apart? do you have any skills where you are among the elite? Do you have a family who is always there? Friends? What do you have going for you, what positive possibilities do you see in your fututre? these are all things i have examined, adn it seems to help, at least for some time, enough to give me a respite anyway.

good luck
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Re: my life...

Similar times of hardship? thanks
      Well you're not alone Korn, check out my latest trials and tribulations:

Stupid Accident !

They say misery loves company, so maybe my problems will make you feel a bit more positive about yours. In the blink of an eye my whole life has been turned upside down.

Comment

nye

completely out of my hands
        Do you have any goals? Any place you want to get to when you get through your problems?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Korn, my I am not sure my PM works while I am at work, so I don't know if you got my message...
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Kramerman

in many ways your college experience sounds like my early bad times. When I graduated from high school, I had managed to earn a 4 year air force scholarship, not through any real effort into my school work (far far from it!) but because of natural intelligence that let me get good grades even when i did jack ****. My family life sucked so bad, and even though at that point in my life I had no desire to be in the air force and I had no direction in life I wanted to get away from the problems at home. Needless to say it didn't turn out well, not because of failure, (i was actually doing well in the program but i was only a semester into it) but because I had no desire to follow through with it. At the time it was something that I had no desire to pursue. After that misstep, I was totally side tracked in my studies at a community college, and I did poorly because I couldn't get it together enough to goto classes. I finally dropped out, and spent a year working, being a roadie for a band, and partying my ass off. Though ultimately that wasn't what I wanted to do I wanted to be successful, and to me success meant a college education, so I went back to school...

Comment

Loif

so when things were at their worst how did you overcome them? What thing helped you make it? I write, and that has helped alot, but sometimes it's just not enough.

nye

it is a combination of problems, but the most pressing ones are legal in nature

EDIT:
              Donegeal

I actually checked the forum out a few days ago, but for the moment i really have no heart to play ptw or anyother game for that matter, but if i get it back before the game is over i will definantly participate once again
              Sorry, I was away for a few minutes. I talked to others about things. It helped, once I was able to get humble about my life.

Comment

donegeal

i didn't get your pm

Willem

that truly sucks! i'm sorry an accident like that could side track your entire life

Comment

krammerman

anyways, I went back to school, and after a year of drinking, smoking pot on occasions, and popping far too many effedrine(sp?), I completely gave up being wild and I focused on being healthy and making it through college. I was doing quite well at the first part of the semester. I had became a vegan, was excising all the time, and I was going to every class for the first time in my life. I then caught pnuemonia from this girl I made out with. I didn't have health insurance and I have a fear of doctors. I didn't realize how sick I was, until the next thing I knew I'd missed a month of classes and went from like 155 to like 135 (i'm 5'8). I sank into quite a depression and instead of withdrawing from classes, I tried to make up all of the work but I was too far behind and I got F's in everything, which was quite a humbling experience...

Comment

Well, I'll tell you here. I am not a lawyer, I am an Officer at the local Sheriff's department. I might not be able to defend you, but I could help explain whats going on.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Were you able to make up the credits? I know how stressful university is. Granted I'm older, but I only finished my degree a few years ago so I DO remember stress and failed courses and such. I hope you are feeling better health wise.

Comment

I thought I could go back and get everything on track. I had some, but not much faith in myself. I didn't really realize how depressed I was. So the spring semester started and things were going decently. Until one of my teachers confronted me about being 5 minutes late to class. She told me if I was late again not to come back. During this time my best friend got pregnant. When everything was said and done, I was the one who helped her work all of that out, and because of that I had to miss some classes. I couldn't face going back, so I didn't. I was begining to feel really down. Then I was suddenly hit with some unexpected bills, and my college called me and told me that I owed them an extra 1500 dollars on top of everything. So like a million bad things hit at once, and I snapped. I laid in my floor for like a week, not eating, not sleeping, not moving, just contemplating pulling a heaven's gate. I had never been that close to suicide before, nor have I ever been that close to it since...

Comment

donegeal

oh ok i gotcha, well i pretty much have all of that end worked out

Comment

donegeal

i didn't get your pm

Willem

that truly sucks! i'm sorry an accident like that could side track your entire life
                            Yeah it's a ***** but what can I do? It won't be the first time I've started all over at any rate. Maybe it's just as well, I was getting rather tired of it; to much stress and to many lies I had to tell. And I've lost one friend because of it, and almost another. And like you, I don't have very many either, so I hate losing the few I have. Plus I was getting really lazy and complacent. Although I wasn't making alot, it was easy money, and I always had something to smoke. I don't consider pot harmful at all, but it does tend to stifle people's ambitions, especially if you do it all the time.

I'm not sure what's going to happen financially, I'm thinking right now I might have to declare bankruptcy. I'd been planning for the past year on getting back into cooking, something I used to do many years ago, but the pay is going to suck for a few years until I get some experience under my belt again. And I don't see how I'm going to manage to pay off my student loans and my credit card debts on a minimum wage.

Comment

What actually helped me pull out of my depression, was falling in a freezing river right after a snow. I was walking in the woods with one of my friends and we saw this whirlpool, so I decided to touch the bubbles, and next thing I knew I was in freezing water. For the first time in many months every single cell in my body wanted to be alive. I caught myself on a rock before I went over a small waterfall that would have dropped me about 6-8 feet down onto some jagged rocks, though I slipped when I was crawling up. I then grabbed on again somehow, and all of my willpower let me fight through it, and when I climbed onto the opposite shore I knew I wanted to live. I almost got hypothermia, but I was alive. As we were hurrying back to the car though, the funniest thing happened. We passed this one group of people who smelled like pot, then five minutes later we passed another group of people who smelled like cheesies. It was like the first group had just toked, and the second group had toked earlier and was in the munchie stage. My senses felt unnaturally strong after that had happened...

Comment

One good thing though, I'm not an Iraqi. If you get really bummed out, just remember that they have it much worse than you do right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X