my life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my life...

Very few of you know me, and probably nobody here knows the real me. Very few people do, in fact I'm not sure if I know myself all of the time or not. I'm just really feeling depressed tonight, and I thought I'd vent some. For whatever reason, I have formed a bond with this place, and it is my own personal version of the bar in cheers.

Anyways, I'm 25 (i'll be 26 soon), and the choices I've made have really resulted in quite a bit of hardship, soul searching, and loss for me. Right now I feel like I've almost lost everything. I just don't know what to do, I feel like I'm stuck in an impossible situation. It really seems like there are no good choices to remedy any of my problems. All I know to do is to keep on stumbling through the darkness that is my life. I'm sorry this is so vague, but I need to keep it like that for now. Maybe when it's worked itself out I will share.

So any advice? Words of wisdom? Similar times of hardship? thanks

and unfortunantly this isn't an april's fools joke...it feels like it at times, but it isn't

Woooa. Sorry to hear that korn.

You are using very dark language. Are you sure all you want is banter on a message board? Are there people near you who you could talk to?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

nye

unfortunatly no, circumstances (and the war) have taken all of my close friends away for the time being, i'm the kind of person who has very few close friends but many aquaintences, and for whatever reason i feel better about opening up on here than to people i barely know in real life

i'll tell you had bad it is, i've been too depressed (plus busy) to play computer games lol

Comment

That's bad.

But seriously, how about a professional who you don't know from Adam? Go ahead, tell them you dress up in sheep skins and prance around by the light of the moon, I doubt they'd bat too many eye lashes. Unless they're a Kiwi. That might have unfortunate consequences.

That last bit was back to not so serious, btw.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yo.

Can you see a light at the end of the tunnel?
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It can't be that bad. I have a friend who used to make US$125 an hour at the height of the dotcom craze. That's not a consulting job that's a regular job. Now that he has been out of work for more than 2 years.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

nye

thanks for the advice, i'm not suicidal but i've inflicted some major crisies on myself, and at times like tonight i just feel really down, whereas most of the time it is just something that gnaws at me, there's not much a professional could really do for me as far as mental health goes, because it isn't particularly a mental health issue

ted striker

much of the time i do have hope, and see like pinpricks of light out there, but everytime it seems that things are working out i have the bottom fall out on me again

like over the 10 months or so, i've seen the light at the end of the tunnel quite a few times, but it would always end up being a metaphorical train that'd run me over again

Comment

ur

it is actually pretty bad, and in some ways i'd say it's worse than the situation your friend finds themself in, though I do admit that is quite a horrible situation for your friend

Comment

Korn, I don't know of the hardships of which you speak but I'm sure that most people here have been through similar circumstances. I could be wrong though. I don't know what your circumstances are. Suffice it to say though, my life hasn't always been peaches and cream. It is pretty nice now, but that's only because I'm older and have some life experience I guess. I'm hoping that your circumstances aren't life threatening. Sorry if this comes off sounding light and fluffy. It isn't meant to be. I'm not around very often but I'm available tonight if you need to talk, through this thread or private messaging.

Comment

Apologies for the attempt at humour.

I take it the problem is career. Or is there more than one problem?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Well Korn, to give you a bright spot, you are still most wellcome to come to the private forum that the Crown and banner give you privaliage (damn I cant speel) to view. We are at the point where we are soon to be managing our own cities. It should be quiet fun.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Loif

so when things were at their worst how did you overcome them? What thing helped you make it? I write, and that has helped alot, but sometimes it's just not enough.

nye

it is a combination of problems, but the most pressing ones are legal in nature

EDIT:
                        Donegeal

I actually checked the forum out a few days ago, but for the moment i really have no heart to play ptw or anyother game for that matter, but if i get it back before the game is over i will definantly participate once again

Comment

Legal problems? That's not pleasant.

Do you have any control, or is it out of your hands?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

nye

completely out of my hands

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
                              it is a combination of problems, but the most pressing ones are legal in nature
                              I work with law in RL (criminal law anyway). Let me know if/what I could do.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X