Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by korn469
    Willem

i really hate that this happened. I hope that the things you mentioned in my thread work out for you. It'd suck if a stupid driver destroyed your entire livelyhood, but I do know that every bad thing gives people a chance to change for the better.
    Well it was time for a change, I'd be the first to admit that. I just wish I hadn't been thrust into so abruptly. I kind of hit a dead end last year and I've been procrastinating like crazy about changing directions. I guess that decision has now been forced upon me. I'll manage. Like I said, it's not the first time in my life I've had to start over. Hopefully it will be the last though.

At least I have some people to spill my guts to, it makes things a bit easier being able to communicate at least.

Comment

At least I have some people to spill my guts to, it makes things a bit easier being able to communicate at least
      i completely agree!
      i mean hell i may be an utter fyckup at times, but it's nice to know that people can understand

Comment

My babies are all gone!

It's 5 AM, I've been running around and working my ass off since 2 PM; with a few 'Poly breaks, and I've just lost my livelihood. I haven't even given myself the chance to eat anything today, I've just been to upset. And I'll still have more work to do tomorrow.

So how was your day?

Comment

Well, I was wigging out over the presentation I've got to give tomorrow night and the extraordinary amount of assignments and group projects I've got due within the week that I don't know where to start/how to start, but this thread (and the "my life" thread) have really put things into perspective for me...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This story reminds me of when my wife (a teacher) visited the local police station with her kindergarten kids. The police displayed cars, handcuff and guns but also showed confiscated stuff. When they took out a moonshine booze destiller, one of the kids said:

- Daddy has one like that! And the police replied:
            - Ooh, what's his name?

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Well, I was wigging out over the presentation I've got to give tomorrow night and the extraordinary amount of assignments and group projects I've got due within the week that I don't know where to start/how to start, but this thread (and the "my life" thread) have really put things into perspective for me...
              Yes count your blessings, it sounds like you're starting on a pretty good path in life. And for God's sake, stay in school and get yourself a good career. I've made some poor choices over the years, though not all of them my fault, and here I am at 45 starting all over again. I should have listened to my history teacher back in high school; I could have been a teacher now like my sister, with a nice pension plan to look forward to. At least I still have a few years yet to rectify my mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                This story reminds me of when my wife (a teacher) visited the local police station with her kindergarten kids. The police displayed cars, handcuff and guns but also showed confiscated stuff. When they took out a moonshine booze destiller, one of the kids said:

- Daddy has one like that! And the police replied:
                - Ooh, what's his name?

Well I guess I'm not the only one with lousy luck then. For some reason though it doesn't make me feel much better. I could accept getting busted, that's the known risk I took. But to go down because of a stupid car accident is almost unbelievable.

God it's now 8:30 AM and I'm so tired, but I'm just to strung out to sleep. So many more things to do! At least the most incriminating part has been taken care of.

And thank you to all the anti-marijuana people for not slamming me about my predicament. I have enough to deal with at the moment.

Comment

Bad luck, man.

Hope things turn out better for you.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Heh, I'll chime in as the 3rd person who only now understands the whole Mary Jane part of this drama. (@ me, not you).

I had no idea that's what you did for a living. I mean, doing it on the side is one thing... but as your only source of income? Risky... obviously. The best laid plans of mice and men, laid waste by an idjit with a driver's license. Oh, the humanity!

Anyway, this does indeed suck hard. Good luck.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

willem, dont you realize this is all a message telling you to move to B.C.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        I had no idea that's what you did for a living. I mean, doing it on the side is one thing... but as your only source of income? Risky... obviously.
                        It was never my intention to base all my income on it, things just worked out that way. I went back to school a few years ago and picked up some skills designing web sites and CDROMs, but it turned out that London, ON really sucks for that type of work. Business people here are still rather neolithic when it comes to the value of the Internet, or they have a son/daughter/nephew/niece/neighbour's kid that would be more than happy to do it for free.

I lost a client last summer to a 16 year old who redid a site I had already done for the guy, and it didn't cost him a thing. It's rather difficult to compete with that! And the dot com crash didn't help matters either, people just weren't hot about the Web anymore, especially around here.

But yeah, I should have been looking for another line of work last summer, when it finally sunk in that I was going nowhere with it. That was my plan at the time but then my father died and threw me off kilter for quite awhile.

Well I guess I have no choice now. Maybe it's better this way, being as how I'm such a terrible procastinator. And a complacent one at that, or at least I was until now. That'll teach me I guess!
                        Last edited by Willem; April 1, 2003, 14:38.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                          willem, dont you realize this is all a message telling you to move to B.C.
                          Well I used to live there a long time ago, in Victoria for about 8 years, and I've often thought of going back again. I really loved it out there. But with the economy being ***'s up because of the softwood lumber dispute, it's not really a good time right now.

That's actually one reason why I've been thinking of getting back into cooking, something I used to do many moons ago; if I get a few years under my belt again, I shouldn't have to much trouble finding a job there, at least during the tourist season.

So who knows, I just might make my way back there again. I sure do miss the place, even after all these years.

Comment

before deciding on audio engineering i thought about cooking. my favorite meal to make was ham and mushrooms in a cheese sauce over pasta...so ****ing good!

as my mom says, food is love
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

A good chicken-fried steak is heaven.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

tis, slowwhand, tis!

Comment

Working...
                                X