X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

I didn't expect that from you.
    I'm a Dutchman, what do you expect?

Looks like I'm going to be out of business for awhile, my landlady just called and and let me know she's on to me. And it's been my only source of income for quite awhile too. Damn! My life is totally messed up now because some broad can't control her vehicle.

Comment

/me finally understands the comments about the police and your garden...

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And that's how a possibly-drunk driver put a possibly-stoned net surfer out of business, huh?

Seriously though, that sucks...good luck.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
          And that's how a possibly-drunk driver put a possibly-stoned net surfer out of business, huh?

Seriously though, that sucks...good luck.
          Thanks, I'm going to need it. I'm basically screwed at the moment.

Comment

willem, do you live up in BC? i might have some business to conduct
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
              willem, do you live up in BC? i might have some business to conduct
              No, I live in Ontario. And I'm now officialy out of business, it seems the prudent thing to do under the circumstances. I'll be having a fire sale with what I have left and hopefully I'll be able to find an honest job before the money runs out. I don't think I'll be able to afford this place now though, I'll have to get an apartment. Which means no place to grow. Plus it looks like the landlady's on to me; though she's being very nice about it. She called me to warn me about getting the basement cleaned up. So my life is rather up in the air at the moment. Damn!

Comment

Too bad you are not in B.C. Otherwise you can rent a house from some Chinese people. Since they are almost never in Canada they'd never find out.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Too bad you are not in B.C. Otherwise you can rent a house from some Chinese people. Since they are almost never in Canada they'd never find out.
                  Well there's houses to rent here as well, but I won't be able to afford to simply move things somewhere else. I've had a really good deal here, the rent's been cheap and I doubt if I'll able to find another place I can afford. I only had a small operation, I definitely wasn't in the big league. I was having a hard time paying the bills as it was, it's been a constant juggling act for awhile now.

Plus it will take me 6 months before I start seeing any profit with a new setup, so I probably won't be able to keep up the payments that long. I helped finance this operation because I was in school when I started and I had some money from student loans.

My whole life has been screwed up because some broad couldn't control her vehicle. What a lousy break!

PS Oh well at least I'm not an Iraqi, things could be worse.

Comment

Oh, man, that's a huge bummer.

I don't know if you'd be able to make as much money, but mushrooms have a pretty quick growing cycle and they don't require as much infrastructure. The problem with them is that they're easier to find wild, and not as popular.

Of course, you know what's best for you.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch X

Of course, you know what's best for you.
                      Yeah, that would be to accept my lousy luck and move on, become an "honest" person for awhile. I still have the gear and the expertise, not mention some seeds. So who knows, I might be able to swing something else in the future. Right now it's time to save my ass and not get busted.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        * Skanky Burns finally understands the comments about the police and your garden...

same here

man oh man, that is really poor luck, almost unbelievablely poor. sorry about all that. Heh, i kinda had you figured as a businessman type, but a legitament businessman type. good luck

Kman

PS, i thought Canada had rather lax laws on that topic?
                        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
                          man oh man, that is really poor luck, almost unbelievablely poor. sorry about all that. Heh, i kinda had you figured as a businessman type, but a legitament businessman type. good luck
                          As far as I'm concerned I am. If our marijuana laws are screwed up, I see no reason why I shouldn't try to exploit the loophole. Prohibition only makes it profitable for someone like me to make a modest living on a small operation. It's not my problem the government doesn't recognize that.

PS, i thought Canada had rather lax laws on that topic?
                          Well we're working on it, but "cultivation for the purpose" is still a fairly major crime. I'd probably be looking at about 8 months imprisonment. Our justice minister has been advocating the decriminalizing of simple possession, but so far it's just been talk. And it's been awhile since I've heard anything about it, so there's a possibility the idea has been shelved.

Comment

I gotta apologize, Willem - the first thing I did when I read the opening post was laugh. Sorry.

Things like this . . . well, I guess they do happen every day, but I usually don't find out about them.
                            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Willem

i really hate that this happened. I hope that the things you mentioned in my thread work out for you. It'd suck if a stupid driver destroyed your entire livelyhood, but I do know that every bad thing gives people a chance to change for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President

Things like this . . . well, I guess they do happen every day, but I usually don't find out about them.
                                Yeah right, how often does someone drive a vehicle into a house? It's just bad ass, lousy luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X