No announcement yet.

Help me stick to my guns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dom : You could also use your energy arguing on the OT. It becomes terribly addictive at some point
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Word.

And Dom, stop it with the emails. You're just going to make it worse. Either put her on a filter that deletes it before you ever know about it, or change email addresses.

You are doing the right thing with your therapist and with all the other madness going on around you the last thing you need is to worry about someone else and especially someone who has all sorts of confusing ties to you.

At the end of the day you have to take care of yourself.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        "Let's just be friends."

NEVER *EVER* WORKS.

Sure, the occasional person will chime in with, "yeah and we are best friends now -- she even tells me about all the guys she is screwing."
        I have to admite that I had a year long off and on relationship (like off and on four different times in that year) with my ex-girlfriend and each time after she dumped me I tried the "let's still be friends" line hoping to still get lucky once in a while. I think exes stay friends because one of them still hopes they'll get back togeather and if he just waits for the right moment then she'll take him back.

At least that was the case with me.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

When I was 20 year old, I went through 3 girls in about 60 days. I just met my future wife but did not know it yet. She was no. 4 and we now have been married 38 plus years.
          Back to the 3. As soon as one girl did something to brother me, I cut and ran to the next. Just do it is my motto.

Comment

You are the man Joe.

And Oerdin you are on the money.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I don't know about Dom Pedro

but I at least don't have girls who I can move onto (I don't have a girl to leave either)

it is not like that for everyone

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Striker - Ya know what makes all of this vastly more difficult is that A) she lives right down the hall from me, and B) is that we have all the same friends. We're part of one tightly-knit group, and its somewhat straining.
                Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

A bad relationship is way worse than not being in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
                    Striker - Ya know what makes all of this vastly more difficult is that A) she lives right down the hall from me, and B) is that we have all the same friends. We're part of one tightly-knit group, and its somewhat straining.
                    So when can you move?

Comment

Well, thankfully the semester is almost over, so I won't be seeing her after that. Just another month and a half or so... oh God!

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Cool, so you are almost there.

In the meantime, hang in there, try and make yourself as invisible as possible. You got a library you can go to? Pool hall? Ping pong? The gym? The pool? Some buddies off campus?

Comment

I'd also recommend a heavy bag. You'll feel much better after whacking it a few times.

Comment

I've been getting more friendly with some people upstairs... and God forbid I should actually do some real school work.

Comment

For the past five months or so, blah, blah, blah
                              blah, blah … HELP … blah, blah
                              Smartest thing you've said. You are in over your head. All ordinary men (ie, those who aren't sexual preditors of one sort or another) are in over their heads when it comes to women.

There is NO SUCH THING AS CASUAL SEX. Not for her, no matter what she says.
                              God forbid I should actually do some real school work.
                              Ahem,
                              What about Civ?
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Ah, yes, Civ... if we get into civ then we get into the topic of what in the hell happened to my laptop... until it starts working, there shall be no civ. Right now I'm on the damned school computers which don't let me install stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X