No announcement yet.

Favorite Epic films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are gonna hate me for some of these...

Braveheart
    Titanic
    Far and Away
    Gangs of New York
    Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
    What Dreams May Come
    Glory
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

You're right I hate you

Titanic? Wheres the epic there? Chuck Heston isnt in it so it cant be one.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
        History of the World, Part I.
        I just watched this yesterday.

It doesn't hold up as an epic or comedy anymore, I'm afraid.
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Yes, it's hard to classify any Comedy as an Epic. The definition would have to be tweaked.

Maybe,
          It's a mad mad mad mad world. defined as an epic comedy.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Kind Hearts and Coronets is a rather epic comedy...
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Yep.. if you haven't read the book, I recommend it with warm hearts.. it has many things in it that wasn't covered in the movie, naturally. It's even more amazing in my opinion. It's funny, usually when I see a good movie and then read the book, I picture it little differently. But with Papillon, McQueens face was all over in my mind when I was reading it. Powerfull acting!
              I agree that the book is very good reading, but there are many reports saying you can classify under fiction .
              Certain things are true, but he took credit for much 'stuff', that happened or was done by others (fellow prisoners, etc...).

A good book nonetheless...
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Yep.. if you haven't read the book, I recommend it with warm hearts.. it has many things in it that wasn't covered in the movie, naturally. It's even more amazing in my opinion. It's funny, usually when I see a good movie and then read the book, I picture it little differently. But with Papillon, McQueens face was all over in my mind when I was reading it. Powerfull acting!
                I remember reading this book when I was in my early teens. I loved it, and wanted to get tattoos!
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Titanic... holy c**p! More like a disaster of epic proportions.

The "academy" should colectively be dragged onto the street and shot for giving it oscars (exept the special efects one...).

Comment

Working...
                  X