Patriotic Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.
    ???

what does this fine quote have to say about the internatioal "recognise the terrorist day"...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."
      Well he ignored the US' westward expansion, the whole concept of Manifest Destiny, and how you can build socio-economic empires without occupying a land.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
        Ming, how good looking can the housewives of illinois be?
        More than enough to make it a special day... Enough to want to go buy a 12 pack
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Did Mrs Powell enter the room in "anti-taliban outfit"?
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Naked is Naked... show the proper spirit
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Just wait until Ming sees this thre... oh.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.

Apparently they forgot about Manifest Destiny, as well as Guantanimo, Puerto Rico, the Canal Zone in Panama, the Philippines, Guam, Hawaii, Samoa, etc.

Why do people think that an empire has to have your flag flying over it. What we recognize today as parts of the Roman Empire were actually allied kingdoms. "British" India was largely made up of local principalities. Even when the US flag waved over almost the entire Carribean, we did not annex those countries. True, they may have been run by an American ambassador or military officer, but they were still officially independent countries.

Today the American empire stretches from one pole to the other in the Western hemisphere, interrupted only by a rebel holdout in Cuba and rings the Pacific. We penetrate Africa, have numerous outposts in the Indian Ocean, Middle East, and Central Asia, and despite Europe's balking at out most recent adventure, pretty well have Europe in our pocket. Just because we look like few empires in history before us doesn't mean we aren't history's greatest empire.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

you know the problem with you americans? most of the time you think to big.....but ones in a while you think to small....

women should be ordered to wear nothing BUT a belt with beer around their waist...and every time a man sees a woman he should drink a beer to show he is ok with the naked women....
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

some women will just have tons of beer and die from exhaustion of their fat asses hauling it around.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      Just wait until Ming sees this thre... oh.

My wife was the one that pointed this out to me in the first place.

Yeah... she emailed it to a TON's of people... Rah and I were talking on Friday night when all of a sudden my wife started laughing so loud we had to check it out.

She read it to us... and started firing up her email list.
                      She found it in the Weight Watchers Forums...

And to chegitz guevara and others... take your serious discussions to one of the many other threads...

The only serious discussion I want in this thread is to how to make this happen

Lighten up guys...
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Funny, I was just thinking how this could backfire, Uber. After all, not all American women are concentration camp victims with helium ballons stuck inside their chests. More than half the country is overweight.
                        I live in a college dorm. Bring it on.

Comment

Working...
                        X