Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
    Mr.Fun, it's all just guessing

For my part, I walk more than 5km a day - to University and in the afternoon I walk downtown with the baby, so he can sleep a bit. In total, that makes some 6 or 7 km.
    I know -- I was jesting.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Maybe 3 or 4 miles on weekdays.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

1.5 miles on weekdays, 4 miles on weekends.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

My grandparents come from the ancient age where they were deprived and poor, so their mentality is still to walk to places, even if my dad or myself can provide a ride.

My friend has been walking to school since he was little so he walks to places. Also, he hasnt had a car since he became 16 (legal age to get permit in the states), so his mentality is "if I cant walk to places, I wont go" style. Needless to say, he's not much of an outdoor person.

My sister and a different friends case: they've been spoiled since birth and didnt need to walk 2 blocks. Needless to say, they request ride or drive virtually everywhere.

I do what I think is efficient. (gas consumption, mileage over time and my current physical state )
          :-p

Comment

I walk 4 to 5 Km each day. I do have a car, but in this freakin city when you get a parking space you better leave your car there.
            From home to downtown Viña del Mar I use the car but in downtown I use mainly my feet.
            >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Chilean President
              I walk 4 to 5 Km each day. I do have a car, but in this freakin city when you get a parking space you better leave your car there.
              From home to downtown Viña del Mar I use the car but in downtown I use mainly my feet.

What shall I say? I live in a block directly next to university. The parking situation is incredible, moreover there is a student dormitory. People from there usually come on Sunday afternoon with their cars and only leave again on Friday.
              This is the main reason I do virtually everything possible by foot.
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Hey Werna did you came to Viña del Mar when you lived in Chile?

My problem is that I live in Viña del Mar Alto neighborhood, don't know if you heard of it, so it's impossible for me going to the university or to downtown by walking. Of course I can wait the bus, but taking a public transportation meanwhile I see my little piece of korean technology in my house's garage is just sad.
                Anyway is sad until I get to Alvarez St. or Vergara Square (if you came to Viña, you'll know what I'm talking about), 'cause is then when I really get really and

Damn lack of parking spaces! I rather sell my car and buy a bicycle. ...or maybe I could buy a 'Segway'

Last edited by Chilean Presidentâ„¢; March 30, 2003, 03:35.

Comment

I walk about 5km a day, if not more. I walk around for an hour or two each day on campus because when I stay put people end up finding me.

I also try to jog nightly weather permitting, but I've never measured how far I jog. I think it's probably a couple km.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hey Werna did you came to Viña del Mar when you lived in Chile?

My problem is that I live in Viña del Mar Alto neighborhood, don't know if you heard of it, so it's impossible for me going to the university or to downtown by walking. Of course I can wait the bus, but taking a public transportation meanwhile I see my little piece of korean technology in my house's garage is just sad.
                    Anyway is sad until I get to Alvarez St. or Vergara Square (if you came to Viña, you'll know what I'm talking about), 'cause is then when I really get really and
                    I've been to Viña del Mar and Valparaíso and I'd like to live there more than in any other place in Chile, spoil La Serena or La Caldera.
                    Call me a pervert, but I even liked Valparaíso more for its harbor flair and the hills with the elevators. Going out in the evening is 'vacan' there! Viña del Mar is more beautiful but less stylish. The coast with the mole is absolutely gorgeous though.
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Not American 3-6 miles/5-10km

Sometimes more.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                        I've been to Viña del Mar and Valparaíso and I'd like to live there more than in any other place in Chile, spoil La Serena or La Caldera.
                        Call me a pervert, but I even liked Valparaíso more for its harbor flair and the hills with the elevators. Going out in the evening is 'vacan' there! Viña del Mar is more beautiful but less stylish. The coast with the mole is absolutely gorgeous though.
                        Thanks for your nice words
                        Well, after all you are a 'chilean huevón ad honorem' but is not too far from my own '100% chilean huevonura'

I hope to have some free time in the next weeks and I'll send you pics from here. When was the last time you've been on Chile?
                        Of course I would like to see pics from your home town... and some of a match of the Sturm Graz with 'Murci' Rojas (he still play there right?)

You're right about Valparaiso, that city at night is pretty cool. The gothic downtown and those greats bar and coffee shops at the feet of the hills are wonderful.

Puta que es lindo mi Chile

Comment

I hope to have some free time in the next weeks and I'll send you pics from here. When was the last time you've been on Chile?
                          Of course I would like to see pics from your home town... and some of a match of the Sturm Graz with 'Murci' Rojas (he still play there right?)
                          Now you're officially disqualified to visit me! I'm from the other club, GAK. Sturm is satan! I tell you more in time...

Comment

well, tell the guys of the Sturm that they should send us back Rojas, we need him!.. actually we need his fouls

Hey Werna, we beat yesterday Peru, 2-0 in Santiago Next Wednesday we play the second match in Lima.. we're gonna beat them again

BTW, has the Austrian league already started?

Comment

Working...
                            X