Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian for taste, Chinese for texture.

Comment

Be quiet, fellow Danes. In order to keep the tourists a'coming, I'll have to resort to the old dirty trick of a foreign language to adress you guys.

Det danske køkken hører ikke tilnærmelsesvis til på listen sammen med det franske køkken, det bolognesiske køkken, osv. Danmark har overhovedet ikke noget køkken som sådan. Danmark har en kantine.

Svinekød i overflod stegt, og stegt med hvad? Ikke med olie, ikke med Kærgården - bevares, allerede her er vi ovre i det bedre borgerskab - nej, med SMØR i stride strømme. Fedtemadder, JAKA Bov og smørkager til det står ud af ørerne...

Comment

I don't know a word in Danish, but I'm sure SMØR isn't what I'd like to see in my food
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Hey! Aren't those things starting with SMØR awesome milk products?
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Indian and Chinese, although I am partial to a good borsht, which is Russian
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh, Borshts rule!

I am a great fan of almost every cuisine that is from the medditerrenean basin.

and a small revelation: I never ate Chinese food.

*runs*
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

For those who doesn't understand the word SMØR:

It's simply the same thing as Butter
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

1. Thai
                  2. Indonesian
                  3. Vietnamese
                  4. Chinese
                  5. Bengali
                  6. Japanese
                  7. Iranian
                  8. Italian
                  9. [US] Southern
                  10. Mexican

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

A person with decent taste . Indian food is utter crap, and I should know too. I've probably had more than any of the rest of you.
                    Not necessarily me. Although, I've rarely had great South Asian food in a restaurant.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

There's nothing wrong with British cuisine if you have the right things and it is done well!
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        and a small revelation: I never ate Chinese food.

*runs*
                        You can run, but we'll get you ! Infidel !
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Scandinavian!

KRUMKAKE! MUST HAVE KRUMKAKE!

Comment

Chinese...I"m saying this because I've had a horrible craving for beef low main today. But.....chinese then mexican then italian.
                            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Not necessarily me.

Ok, maybe it is tie then .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I like the fact that there are 70+ posts in this thread, and nobody has mentioned the fact that "Chinese" food is a misnomer.

Sechuan(sp) and Mandarin are both "Chinese" foods, but there is a big difference between the 2. I prefer Sechuan to Mandarin.

It's spicier.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X