A non-political thread - the best ethnic food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A non-political thread - the best ethnic food

My favorites are Mexican, Chinese, and Mongolian. Chinese restaurants are especially great cause they are open on Christmas.
    Italy
    14.77%
    Iberia
    2.27%
    Greece
    4.55%
    Turkey
    2.27%
    Middle East
    3.41%
    France
    3.98%
    Thought I would be oh-so-clever and vote France to protest the war until I saw this option and voted for it instead
    2.27%
    England ;)
    1.70%
    Central Europe (Germany, Alpine States)
    1.14%
    Eastern Europe
    0.57%
    Russia
    0.00%
    Central Asia (Kazakhstan and Mongolia)
    0.00%
    China
    13.07%
    Japan
    5.11%
    India
    7.39%
    Southeast Asia
    6.82%
    Australia
    1.14%
    Africa
    1.70%
    South America
    1.70%
    Mexico
    7.95%
    USA
    6.82%
    One of those islands with tropical drinks with pineapples and stuff
    3.98%
    Bananas are the best food regardless of location
    3.41%
    Other
    3.98%
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Pakistani light years ahead.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

this is sure to turn into a flame war

Italian

Comment

I don't know of any Pakistani restaurants. Is it more like Indian food or Middle Eastern?
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          this is sure to turn into a flame war

Italian
          You suck!

Comment

I voted Italy, Greece, and Canada
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Italian is my favourite.

Followed by Chinese, Thai (nice and spicy), Mexican, American, and various others.

Comment

Italian and Mexican
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Right, forgot Thai

Good, authentic Thai food mmmm
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                    I don't know of any Pakistani restaurants. Is it more like Indian food or Middle Eastern?
                    It's Indian food but much hotter and spicier.

They use the naan bread more instead of rice also.

Lots of tomatoes, garam masala, and chilies. Yum yum.

Usually a really spicy meat mixed with a spicy tomatoe based vegetable sauce.

yum yum
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My 3 favorites in order of preference: Italian, Mexican, German.

P.S. Am I the only person in the world who hates Chinese food?
                      "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by nationalist

Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by nationalist

Pretty much.

Comment

USA has to get a vote for Pizza, one of the best foods in the world and at least partial credit for the fastest food in the world.

Edit- my appologies, pizza is indeed an italian invention, only popularized in the US. Of course I voted for italian food anyway. I like many asian foods as well, especially Thai.

Worst has to go to the irish. If it can't be boiled, they don't know what to do with it.
                              Last edited by Frogman; March 26, 2003, 14:09.

Comment

Working...
                              X