No announcement yet.

Who watches Al Jazeera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraqi TV has been bombed off the air, according to CNN. Besides, wasn't Iraqi TV the mouthpiece of ruthless despots? I'm sure they had nothing good to say about the invading forces.

But isn't that why the coalition forces are going into Iraq, to teach them a better way of life? Now you might be able to put forth a convincing argument that CNN and Fox are mouthpieces of ruthless despots, but I think PBS, BBC & CBC might have a bit of independent integrity.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Why don't we just recycle footage of people dying and corpses to show every generation. We can have a special Sesame Street program shown every five years or so and all the little kiddies can understand what war is.

Sorry, but this doesn't fly with me. It's OK if it's incidental to purosefully show this is irresponsible. Do they show victims of violent crimes on TV right after the incident - with blown off heads or whatever?
      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
      New faces...Strange places,
      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

• Iraqi tv is back on the air.

You can't bury the truth!! the truth will get out!!

but seriously it was only out for 15 minutes. It came back on the air, but with a weaker signal.

Comment

• MacT - Don't you get Fox ?
          ... and that's only their "reality tv" shows; their news is worse !
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheStinger
            Does anyone think WW1 would have continued past Verdun and the Somme if there was reporting like we see today.
            Some of the most memorable WWII photos Ive seen was dead bodies loitered around Omaha beach. But I don't know if those images were available to public back then.
            :-p

Comment

• I watch it when I can tune in over the net.
              For your photo needs:
              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
              X