Mugabe is at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugabe is at it again

Here is a really disturbing report about Robert Mugabe's reaction to the recent strike by the opposition in Zimbabwe.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Eyewitness: Zimbabwe torture victim

Hundreds of people say they were assaulted after the strike

Zimbabwe has seen hundreds of arrests since last week's strike, with allegations made of brutal treatment. Patricia, an official with the Movement for Democratic Change in Harare, told the BBC of her ordeal.

I was fast asleep at 1pm when I heard them knocking at my door. I thought they were thieves. The soldiers pushed the door open.

They were many, some were in civvies.

They had guns, ropes, baton sticks. They asked who Patricia was.

I said: "I am Patricia".

They took the urine from my kid and said: 'Drink it'
    Patricia, MDC

They asked if I was the secretary of the MDC.

I said "Yes".

They said: "Bring your particulars of the MDC."

I said: "I don't have any."

'We want to kill her'

They said: "You are a prostitute of [MDC leader Morgan] Tsvangirai, so we are going to take this condom and put it on this gun and get it into you, because Tsvangirai is doing this to you and you enjoy having sex with him".

I told them I had never had sex with Tsvangirai and they said: "That is your boyfriend and you should suffer for this."

They put the gun inside me and they asked me if I was enjoying it.

Riot policeman in Harare flees stone-throwers
    The strike was marred by violent incidents

I said: "It is painful."

They said: "It is not painful because when you have it with Tsvangirai you'll be smiling."

They forced me to make noises as though I was having sex with a man.

I did.

When my brother heard that I was being assaulted, he came out from his house to my room and said: "What is happening?"

He was told to shut up and was beaten and made to get into the toilet.

They opened the taps and water was running all over his body and asked: "Why are you living with this MDC person here? We want to kill her."

They started beating me up.

They took the urine from my kid and said: "Drink it."

I first refused but the way they were beating me and they wanted to put the gun again, so I had to drink it.

After drinking it, they said they wanted to see the urine flowing.

I said: "I don't have any urine."

They said: "We know you have it. You have to do it now before we kill you."

So I had to do the urine standing.

They said: "We want to see it flowing by your feet."

So I did.

I am afraid of meeting them again. I don't know what they will do.

They have already killed me.

I have to carry on. I just want revenge.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

This is very saddening.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

There is already a thread about latest events in Zimbabwe, but this news item wasn't in.

Big to Mugabe. I really hope the unrest will oust him.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
        There is already a thread about latest events in Zimbabwe, but this news item wasn't in.

Big to Mugabe. I really hope the unrest will oust him.
        Didn't Chirac recently host Mugabe in France?
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

There are some people in this world that are just plain evil. The more pain they inflict the happier it makes them. This type of thing is recorded throughout history. I have no sympathy for anyone whi intentionally tortures another human being regardless of his cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
            He did, during the French-African summit. IIRC, others nice lads were invited like Col. Khaddafi. I don't know for RepDem Congo or Ivory Coast though.
            Oh, and if you think one second I'd defend my superhuman president, just read the last line of my sig.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
              There are some people in this world that are just plain evil. The more pain they inflict the happier it makes them. This type of thing is recorded throughout history. I have no sympathy for anyone whi intentionally tortures another human being regardless of his cause.
              Does that go for U.S. agents torturing Al-Queda captives to get information out of them?
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

France is apparently on a winning streak....

Iraq, Zimbabwe, Libya......apparently the French seem to enjoy the company of dictators.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

Didn't Reagan host Samuel K. Doe? Dictator of Liberia? Calling him Chairman Moe, of course...

Didn't he 'think' Mobutu of Zaire was a 'voice of good sense and good will?'

How about Zia ul-Haq?

How about all those Latin American tinpot tyrants, turning up at the White House, waiting for the man to dole out more money and arms?

Chirac is hardly the only Western leader with 'les mains sales.'
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I had no idea Reagan was still President.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                      And apparently for most of his second term neither did he.

Which has what to do with Chirac gettin' jiggy with Mugabe?

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                        I thought only an Alzheimer victim could lead America like it is now

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                          Which has what to do with Chirac gettin' jiggy with Mugabe?
                          About as much as what Reagan did during the Cold War.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

About as much as what Reagan did during the Cold War.
                            Not really- the implication is that Chirac is somehow a bad person, or morally flawed, or, just behaving in a French manner, for cosying up to the likes of Mugabe.

Compared with the really deluxe versions of dictators that have graced the White House, Mugabe is small beer, especially in terms of deaths directly attributable to his government. Still, a 'cold war' is a great excuse for ignoring blatant transgressions of human rights, and infringements of international law.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                              Compared with the really deluxe versions of dictators that have graced the White House...
                              Troll.

.01/10
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X