Human shields in Iraq "shocked back to reality"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    You've learned that some guy you consider a whacko owns it and handily dismiss the article, despite the professional's opinions on it and the liklihood of this article making sense.
    Cult leaders go beyond whacko, and quite often border on dangerous. Around the time of Jimmy Jones and the Jonestown massacre, people looked very closely at the Moonies and some disturbing things started coming out. But if you want to believe in things like that it's up to you.

UPI may have been respectable at one time, but if he's now at the helm, they are very suspect.

Comment

Yeah, it's peachy-keen there.

I never claimed it was. I just said it was better than it was under the Taliban, which is obviously true.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It's not obviously true, as we've tried to show you. Yes, it's nice that girls can go to school in Kabul. On the other hand, our refusal to be involved in "nation-building" there only guarantees a failed state in the future, from which the enemies of civilization will be able to launch new attacks.

Also, nothing comes without a trade-off. Girls can go to school (in Kabul only), but crime against women has exploded. What-ever else you can say about the Taliban, rape wasn't a problem under their rule.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What-ever else you can say about the Taliban, rape wasn't a problem under their rule.

Probably because they called the raped women "adulterers" and blew their brains out on a soccer field.

You've hit a low point with that post, che...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I wouldn't have made the statement if women in Kabul weren't saying it. I made a thread about it many moons ago, with sources.

The Taleban are three shades of evil, but rape wasn't one of them. They were a typical law and order type government, where everything is repressed so severly that were it not against the law, it would be safe to sleep on the streets. The rule of law has been replaced by the rule of the gun and lawlessness.

Obviously we don't want to be bogged down in an endless war in Afganistan, but that seems to be the pather we've embarked upon because we don't want to live up to our obligations to these people that we screwed over so badly over the last twenty+ years.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
              Are the Shias Persians or Arabs ?
              Finally you people are learning to call them Persians!
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

BTW, you need to go back to the Trotsky avatar Che. It was just so quintessentially you, this new one just doesn't fit you, IMO.
                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Naturally, the Persians are the biggest population group of IRAN
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                    BTW, you need to go back to the Trotsky avatar Che. It was just so quintessentially you, this new one just doesn't fit you, IMO.
                    I'm not KittyHorse. I change my avatars. Trotsky was around far too long. If it weren't for Xmas, he would have been iced sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                      What-ever else you can say about the Taliban, rape wasn't a problem under their rule.

Probably because they called the raped women "adulterers" and blew their brains out on a soccer field.
                      The Taleban wouldn't do that. Actually, she was an "adulterer" because she was a prostitute, not a rape victim. Never mind that she was a prostitute because she was a war widow with children to feed, like thousands of others, who couldn't work, beg, or do anything outside the house she no longer had, without being accompanied by the male relatives she no longer had.

If you never let women outside the house and out of sight of male relatives, it's probably easy to eliminate rape, at least outside the family. It's just a bit dicey to say that elimination of rape is better than the generalized oppression in every area of life to which women were subjected, often at the cost of their lives.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                      X