Iraqi Military Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
    Apparently you haven't been listening to the news. USMC WIA and possible KIA in Nasiriyah, US Army KIA and MIA along the 7th Cav axis of advance, USMC KIA and WIA securing oilfields outside Umm Qasr.
    Local news didn't have it, and I don't look up news websites this time at night.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Local news didn't have it, and I don't look up news websites this time at night.
      Fair enough, but yeah, there have been pretty current reports of casualties as they've happened.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

...and we kick the ass of any other armed forces in the world.
        At least of the 3rd world forces the US actually engages.
        “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

actually this war is going a lot worse than I thought. If that news on the news thread is to be believed.

We may actually lose this war

But this war is not going easy by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf Hårfagre

If the AT4 has been used to kill Iraqi soldiers, that will raise some domestic debate in Sweden, mainly by leftists. I know a lot of American grunts carry them on there backs but is there any info saying they were actually used in lethal action?

Basically, exporting weapons to a part in a conflict is against Swedish law. USA aquired 600 000 ot the AT4 in the 80's. The recent days there has been a debate in the Swedish parliament to stop weapons export to the US and UK. The government and a majority of the parliament decided the export should go on, since an embargo would deprive us of the missiles and other stuff we need for our fighter/bomber planes.

...And if the Swedes decide to block the sale of weapons to the US, I imagine the liscense Volvo has for thoe Pratt & Whitney engines and parts for the Swedish Airforce will rapidly end.

That said, Bofors excels at small arms anti-tank, bunker stuff. I also know we used Bofors deck guns for the Navy for the longest time...
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by HershOstropoler

At least of the 3rd world forces the US actually engages.
              Prior to GWI, all the chickens were talking about the fourth largest army in the world (them, not us, we were smaller), about the tough, seasoned Iraqi veterans, about the US incurring thousands of casualties, blah blah blah.

Iraq became a third world army after we shredded it - before, they were supposed to be the tough guys.

Besides, who else but stupid third world thugs have the combination of balls and lack of brainpower to actually fight us?
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf Hårfagre

If the AT4 has been used to kill Iraqi soldiers, that will raise some domestic debate in Sweden, mainly by leftists. I know a lot of American grunts carry them on there backs but is there any info saying they were actually used in lethal action?
                "we'll sell you these tank busters, but please promise you won't kill anybody with them"
                CSPA

Comment

Besides, who else but stupid third world thugs have the combination of balls and lack of brainpower to actually fight us?
                  I don't think you guys gave them any choice this time around...
                  "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                  - Lone Star

Comment

MichaeltheGreat:

"Prior to GWI, all the chickens were talking about the fourth largest army in the world"

There was a huge difference between the US media who bought this US gov propaganda wholesale, and experts on european media who pointed out all the weaknesses of Iraq's army, namely that troop strength alone is a poor indicator. Hell, if our mountain navy clowns can figure that out...

"Iraq became a third world army after we shredded it - before, they were supposed to be the tough guys."

Supposed.

"Besides, who else but stupid third world thugs have the combination of balls and lack of brainpower to actually fight us?"

Sure. On the other side, who else would your chickenhawks attack but 3rd world thugs who lack the hardware and brainpower to be a challange?
                    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

MichaeltheGreat:

"Prior to GWI, all the chickens were talking about the fourth largest army in the world"

There was a huge difference between the US media who bought this US gov propaganda wholesale, and experts on european media who pointed out all the weaknesses of Iraq's army, namely that troop strength alone is a poor indicator. Hell, if our mountain navy clowns can figure that out...
                      I didn't know European media had any military experts. I thought you all were civilized, peace-loving types.

The deal on the Iraqi army wasn't in manpower, but heavy equipment - armor, arty, fighters, etc.

"Besides, who else but stupid third world thugs have the combination of balls and lack of brainpower to actually fight us?"

Sure. On the other side, who else would your chickenhawks attack but 3rd world thugs who lack the hardware and brainpower to be a challange?
                      They're not my chickenhawks. You'll have to take that one up with someone who doesn't want to export them to Borneo or someplace where they can't do any harm.

Besides, most of the rest of the world knows who their masters are.

Comment

"I didn't know European media had any military experts. I thought you all were civilized, peace-loving types. "

Imagine my shock and dismay upon realising that.

"The deal on the Iraqi army wasn't in manpower, but heavy equipment - armor, arty, fighters, etc."

Exactly. There were people talking about the T-72s vs Abrams, and the experience from the Israeli-Syrian proxy wars. I guess our mountain navy had its eyes already on getting some Leo II.

"They're not my chickenhawks."

Until you renounce your citizenship, I'm afraid they are.

"You'll have to take that one up with someone who doesn't want to export them to Borneo or someplace where they can't do any harm."

Couldn't you just drop them on Baghdad?

"Besides, most of the rest of the world knows who their masters are."

I am fully aware of the powers of the Zurich Underpant Gnomes.

Comment

"They're not my chickenhawks."

Until you renounce your citizenship, I'm afraid they are.
                          MtG is a Mexican.
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

perhaps the U.S. is going too fast.

We are getting islated convoys ambushed. 12 more missing.

The U.S. may be screwing this up I'm afraid to admit. I can't believe how many mistakes we are making.

This is so terrible

Comment

Diss: What did you expect? No US casualties?
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

we could have had no casualties is we weren't going so fast.

We are leaving pockets of resistance.

I think those special troops were sent down from bagdhad went around our invading forces. They are outflanking us. We need to protect the west side better.

Comment

Working...
                                X