Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if: The Kurds and Turks start fighting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azazel
    Currently, both the Turks and the Kurds deny any entrance of Turkish forces.
    the turks rigged up a kurd on some sticks and are making videos.

"no, none of those dirty turks in here! nuh unh!"
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Apparently the Germans are now threatening to pull their AWACS crew members from Turkey if the Turks go into Iraq.

This could turn into a challenge for NATO but I reckon the most likely effect of a Turkish incursion will be to kill any chance of Turkish entry into the EU (because no-one will be prepared to deal with the Turks on joint EU military initiatives like Macedonia).
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
        Apparently the Germans are now threatening to pull their AWACS crew members from Turkey if the Turks go into Iraq.

This could turn into a challenge for NATO but I reckon the most likely effect of a Turkish incursion will be to kill any chance of Turkish entry into the EU (because no-one will be prepared to deal with the Turks on joint EU military initiatives like Macedonia).
        The news here is speculating that the Turks want to prevent Kurdish control of Kirkut and the oil that goes with it. Their purpose may be to tie the Kurds down until US forces are in position to "liberate" it.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Turkish General: "Soldiers? What soldiers? These are, ahem, humanitarian aid workers..."

Skeptic: "Shouldn't they have food and blankets instead of rifles?"

Turkish General: "For the specific type of humanitarian aid we have in mind they are appropriately equipped."

Skeptic: "...hmmm..."
          -Blackclove

Comment

then we will be in deep doo-doo

This would be a public relations disaster. I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

I wish the Greeks would of wiped those warmongering Turks off the face of the planet when they had the chance.

If Turkey sets off WWIII Greece will have Constantinople and Ionia back soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV

After a meeting of the government it has been decided that the AWACs will be withdrawn if the Turkey becomes actively involved into the war (i.e. AFAIK turkish troops fighting Iraqis and the like).

So I think as long as their troops keep out of any battle there will be german AWACs patrolling over Turkey.
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                  I wish the Greeks would of wiped those warmongering Turks off the face of the planet when they had the chance.

the french and english troops stopped us from doing just that in the 1920's

(not wipe them out completely, to take constantinople)

they threatened to put their whole troops in the region to stop us if we went in.

We didnt want to cross them, I guess.

Comment

they also blockaded our ports in another time when we could actually break the ottoman empire in pieces.

they didnt want a big Greece the bastards

they also saved us in the beggining of the revolution when we needed it, with the russians(we started the 2nd offensive too soon).
                    Last edited by Bereta_Eder; March 22, 2003, 18:38.

Comment

It would be interesting if instead of billions in aid for support the US, the Turks get US and UK sanctions until they pull their troops out of Iraq.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                        It would be interesting if instead of billions in aid for support the US, the Turks get US and UK sanctions until they pull their troops out of Iraq.
                        I thought it was the US position that sanctions don't work?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                          What basis do they have? After all, the Turks are carrying out the Bush Doctrine.
                          Last edited by Urban Ranger; March 23, 2003, 22:37.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                            I thought it was the US position that sanctions don't work?
                            Bush was just making up sh!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                              Bush was just making up sh!t.
                              Embargoes don't work. They just hurt the people, not the government. The overall effect of an embargo is to make the target country become poorer overall, thus, the people become more radical.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X