No announcement yet.

Drums of war mute Afghani peace message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, UR, ANY kind of order is better than no order?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yes.

I point to you, Iran, which is attempting to become more moderate. On the other hand, Somalia and such countries without any government will take a very long time to go anywhere.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm for supplying aid, but it's the Afghan's country, let them set it up.
        If they WANT advice, that's fine, too.
        Let who set it up? The Islamist raping/pillaging warlords that we're supporting in the name of anti-terrorism?
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Azazel,

You play Civ, you should know how important Code of Law is.
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I point to you, Iran, which is attempting to become more moderate. On the other hand, Somalia and such countries without any government will take a very long time to go anywhere
            Iran's "attempts" are very limited. Besides, One could conjure a government more evil than the Islamic "republic".
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I agree. Think of it this way: harsh laws are bad not because of having laws, but because the actual laws (contents) are harsh. It's much easier to change the contents.

Comment

I definetly agree to to the reason of why harsh laws are evil, but my points is that at many instances it is better to have no laws ( actually, codes of behaviour are created spontaneously, so total chaos is rare), than to have extremely harsh ones. And easy to change the contents implies that someone at the top that will actually want to change them, which is, ahem, quite rare in places that employ those harsh codes of laws in the first place.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Codes of behaviour are ethics, not laws. But I digress.

Change of laws do not necessarily entail the changes start inside the government. It can be brought on by a change of government, either violent or peaceful.

Comment

Working...
                  X