Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll the top of the bag down, thats the handle

Comment

Elok: It's a thread for fun (even if I'm curious). Even a couple of the americans are going along with the weight-joke with good humour. Feel free to mock my country. If you can find it on a map that is. Well, whoops there I did it again.

Now the Champions Leauge games are about to start (real football ) so I have bo time to insult you any futher.

Comment

Here in the south where we use our own version of the environmentally unfriendly ICA Kassa.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I was the manager of a retail health and beauty aides store a while back, and upper management actively encouraged us to use the plastic bags because they were cheaper. We continued to stock paper bags (without handles, mind you) to appease the environmentally conscious.

So even the handle-less paper bags cost more than plastic; imagine if you slap a handle on as well. It all comes down to economics. How do you think we got so rich and fat.

By the way, rarely do people encounter the problems that television characters seem to have carrying handle-less paper bags. Once you get used to it, you can get four or five from the car to the kitchen with no big problem. And they only rip if you grab them by one edge at the top - the bottoms are not constantly falling out spilling the contents all over the place.

Honestly, I think handles on paper bags are a sign of laziness and over-engineering.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin

Now the Champions Leauge games are about to start (real football ) so I have bo time to insult you any futher.
            Thats OK, if you just follow the Swedish teams you'll be back soon.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by rah

They'll even bring your groceries out and place them in your car for free, so we can get fatter.
              This christmas I pretty much had to forcibly restrain a bagger who wanted to help with the bags. I told him to go help an old lady somewhere so he could get his scout badge that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                Are you actually trying to use paper grocery bags as a troll topic?

-Arrian
                Obviously!

Comment

'twas just a question, and I was satisfied with the answer.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I still haven't had that "Why do british sinks and handbasins have separate taps for hot and cold water" query answered.
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Mmm-hmm...

Well, I'm not sure how I would find your country at all seeing as there's no flag next to your name, but fair enough.
                      Actually, like I said, that wasn't me, angry. That was me, irritated. When I'm *angry* I generally don't post at all. Still, couldja maybe indicate w/one of those smileys or something next time you post something that could be read ambiguously? This is the internet; stupid Americans like me can't guess your tone of voice and facial expression from plain words on a screen. Probably I need to do that more too. Eh, nobody's perfect.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

well Kropo, I guess we will know how to get Ewok wound up in the future - paper bag handles! Good to know.

GAIS in the Champions League next season??
                        Be the bid!

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin

It's not at all meant as a troll. I just find it interesting that sometimes even in modern societies some strange habits and products seems to survive. Like the milk bottles Post-Tetra.
                          Actually the handles used on paper bags generally aren't very sturdy. Whenever a storeclerk hands my heavy goods to me in a paper bag with handles I generally ignore the handles and carry the the bag the traditional way.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Especially when it's those chintzy paper handles that are glued on.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Uh, I'm Elok, not Ewok...or were you referring to the teddy-bear critters from Return of the Jedi? I don't know how you would go about getting them upset. Wearing fur, I suppose. Since they're imaginary creatures I suppose it doesn't matter.
                              Anyway, I think I owe you guys an apology for wednesday. Dunno why I was so snippy. Probably because I'd had a long day at college and was about to go off babysitting. Whatever the case, hopefully I'll react more calmly next time people joke about my country's health problems. Or something to that effect.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I tried to answer in this thread twice already but failed, something with the forum or my computer but now that you've bumped it I might as well do so again. third time is a charm.

Elok: FYI, I'm swedish but I'm not using a flag next to my name and avatar since I'm no nationalist. Apology, if you really think it's needed, obviously accepted.

As for the topic; Funny, I haven't had any real problems with the handles of paperbags around here. I usually use plastic as I re-use them in the trashcan under the sink. Maybe there's a great difference in the design or maybe I just don't put as much in them as you do.

GAIS will obviously be in the Champions leauge next season - not!

Comment

Working...
                                X