No announcement yet.

A question regarding a american mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all a PETA plot. Handles on paper bags have been responsible for the strangulation deaths of many cats and dogs while they were playing with them. Hence, only the more high trend department stores are allowed to put handles on bags to assist people after buying bulky fur coats. (under the assumption that so many animals were killed to make the fur coat, what's a couple more kittens matter)

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, obviously some seems to take it as a troll. Calm down newbie.

Now, it was a joke. It is a well known fact that overweight is a huge health problem in the rich parts of the world, particulary in the US.

Comment

Now, you got a point there Rah. A cat I know loves bags and has almost managed to kill himself a few times (he has some suicidal tendencies).

I thought at first that it was the liberal hollywood that this way was promoted paper bags over platic bags in their shows and films but I guess PETA fits into that.

Comment

Brown paper bags without handles are better suited for hiding whiskey bottles
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

If you can create paper bag handles that do not rip off when you use them to carry heavier bags of groceries, I will give you your patent rights.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
              I thought at first that it was the liberal hollywood that this way was promoted paper bags over platic bags in their shows and films but I guess PETA fits into that.
              There is something to be said about a hollywood plot, but it's more of an ole tired cliche.

In any movie, EVERY person shown coming home from a grocery store must have a loaf of french bread (which will now be switched to Italian bread ) and some green leafy vegatable sticking out of the bag. It doesn't have the same a effect if they're dragging a plastic bag mere inches from the ground. If you pay close attention, you will see this every time.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What do you eat? Bowling balls for breakfast?

Comment

Rah: So it falls into the "if you stay over in Paris you can se the Eiffel tower (that costs 300 shields and improves your reputation over time) from the window"-kind of thing?

Comment

If more European bagging methods came to the US, there would be a revolt. Paying for your bags? Using reusable ones? Never I say, Never!

Here in NY you barely ever get paper bags, mainly if you get liquor or wine.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

which will now be switched to Italian bread

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

What do you eat? Bowling balls for breakfast?
                        yeah, I do -- bowling balls are delicious to eat
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Ahh so they are free!?
                          Well, that's another thing, Go USA!!!

Comment

Rah: So it falls into the "if you stay over in Paris you can se the Eiffel tower (that costs 300 shields and improves your reputation over time) from the window"-kind of thing?
                            You got it.

Along with in every SCI-FI movie, in every critical situation, what will cease to function...........the hyper drive. If they use second rate writers, please feel free to substitute shields or weapons.

And yes, in Chicago, you can get paper bags simply by asking, (plastic is the default) and they are still FREE. They'll even bring your groceries out and place them in your car for free, so we can get fatter.
                            Last edited by rah; March 19, 2003, 15:13.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, not so much a troll as arrogant and ill-mannered. It's also a scientific fact that South Africa has a huge AIDS rate, but it would still be rude as all hell if I made jokes about them for it. And as for "calm down, newbie," well, aren't you the gentleman? Takes me back to high school, that does. You may have seniority but that hardly gives you license to snub. I'm not really angry(I'm actually pretty hard to anger), but I still think you're being a mite condescending.
                              Well, back on topic. It may be a matter of convenient storage. Bag handles are easily torn and I imagine they take up extra space in the stockroom(unless you want to just mash 'em in there, which would ruin the handles). Plus there's the matter of saving expense while buying in bulk, saving the trees, etc. Probably a combination of factors, actually. Or maybe somebody just flipped a coin.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok:

Its a thread about paper bags... it is best to save ones ire for the really heated threads, the real trolls out there, cause it can get ugly. I mean, Kropotkin here thinks I am Noriega, just cause of my little flag, now don't you Kropotkin?
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X