X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frogger

Wonderful. Are you serious?

He aided and abetted HUAAC?
    Beyond aiding and abetting, he was a happy henchman.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Blech. Is it possible to like someone less than I already liked him?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

We Republicans like that about the man, remember .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          We Republicans like that about the man, remember .
          Da, tovarich. Ve moost make shoor only ze most politically reliable comrades be allowed to make our propaganda broadcasts.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Da. they moost be photogenic.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
              Can I marry you Zkribbler?
              Absolutely not! I've kissed more than my share of frogs in my day, and not one has ever turned into a princess.

Lancer, normally I'd be happy to get you a job, but Imran won't let be become corrupt [BTW, last year our local incurred only $544 in expenses. How's that for honesty? ]

Okay, now for the update:

It turns out this new policy did not come from some mid-level manager like I'd thought. It was a decision by the Executive Board. What their thinking was, I have no idea. Invoking a new policy without first notifying the union is a violation of labor laws. And the provision they enacted violates our contract.

I'm trying to meet with the low-level manager who has been given the job of chief high executioner. She wants to have in-house counsel there with her, and he was in meetings all day, so we're going to meet tomorrow.

I know nothing can be resolved in the meeting, but I can fire a shot across their bows by pointing out why they're wrong and saying things like "lawsuit," "walk out," "strike," "go to the newspapers," "go to the powers in Sacramento," etc. I'm sure they'll pass the word along to the powers that be real quick.

We're getting the word out tonight to all our people, so they're not blindsided by this. Plus, we expect to get an outcry by their bosses when they learn of this.

The woman who's being terminated Friday is cool. She had already given notice because she's found a better paying job. This just means she can start making more money sooner.

But we have a couple of more people facing the axe in the middle of next month. Their the ones that I now have to try hard to protect.

Once again, thanks for eveyone's support. It means a lot to me.

Comment

I know nothing can be resolved in the meeting, but I can fire a shot across their bows by pointing out why they're wrong and saying things like "lawsuit," "walk out," "strike," "go to the newspapers," "go to the powers in Sacramento," etc. I'm sure they'll pass the word along to the powers that be real quick.

That's the spirit !
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Remember, Ronald Reagan was a union president. Maybe you could follow in his footsteps .
                  I'm way ahead of you. You've probably noticed evidence of the early stages in Alzheimers in some of my posts.

Comment

Early?
                    Life and death is a grave matter;
                    all things pass quickly away.
                    Each of you must be completely alert;
                    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

This isn't a problem, this is an opportunity. Go, ZK, go!

Comment

Working...
                      X