This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Japher
    Lately, last 60-80 years or so, it seems that when ever there is a "UN" issue or "foreign policy" issue that not only concerns the US, the only people that are willing to do anything about it, besides whine, is US.
    The UN hasn't been in existence for 60 years. You could count the League of Nations, but the US wasn't in it. So that doesn't help.

At any rate, there seems to be quite a bit of selective memory in there somewhere. IIRC, the US has sent troops only once on UN peacekeeping missions, dragging its feet in paying UN deals, and now it wants other countries to listen to it?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• I am glad you have the sense to ignore these people Dissident. How can you call dissident a Nazi?? , where has he said that all muslims should be eradicated? or that America should take over the entire world??

How typical of the left is it to use nonsense arguments based upon emotion rather than sound logic. Wernazuma has confirmed my views on him which were formed in the 'Reasons for the Underdevelpment of Africa' thread - which are they he completely lacks the ability to reason with logic from the other side.
      Up The Millers

Comment

• Just for the record I do not support other wars in the middle east. Iraq is a special case because of what Iraq has done to Iraqi citizens, the entire middle east and Israel, the U.N., and finally the U.S.

I do not advocate invading Iran for obvious reasons. I do hope we can somehow put more pressure on countries such as Iran and Saudi Arabia to crack down on terrorists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rothy
          I am glad you have the sense to ignore these people Dissident. How can you call dissident a Nazi?? , where has he said that all muslims should be eradicated? or that America should take over the entire world??

How typical of the left
          Please. This guy is completely isolated and I've never seen anyone calling Dissident a nazi before, despite the high numbers of lefties here. Calling names, especially the N-word, is typical of any poor troll, whatever the political origin. But maybe the left has dubbed feminists "fem-nazis" ? This is the work of stupidity, not the work of a particular political faction.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Rothy
            Wernazuma has confirmed my views on him which were formed in the 'Reasons for the Underdevelpment of Africa' thread - which are they he completely lacks the ability to reason with logic from the other side.
            Oh my, not that I really care about Rothy's opinion, but am I really that alone in my thinking and backed only by someone who seemingly hates America more than anything?
            I still think my opinion is neither childish and even less unlogical.
            Btw., Rothy, "they" should be "that" in your post, right?

dissident thinks Iraq is no direct threat to the US, he says, that ALL of those official reasons are not correct and yet the US should attack to defend their dominance and wealth. This is, at best, a lack of empathy, but more likely cynism if you imagine the dying people in Iraq. But thinking about them is probably "typically left", childish or sentimental bull****...

Contrary, Ned or Japher, for example, think all this suffering is possible for the betterment of the region and to counter a direct threat for the US (preventive strike) etc. and though I love to disagree heavily with both parts, I'm fine with it, their motivations are not diametral from mine, just their evaluation of the situation is. Actually I think that the discussion between Japher and Spiffor for example doesn't really belong here in this thread. It's not about pro-war or anti-war, it's about the motivations behind it. (and, to repeat it, in the motivations Chirac and Bush are closer to each other than Chirac and most anti-war protestors).

While heavy name calling, like (complice of) murder and criminal, may be drastic expressions, I stick to them as long as dissident can't convincigly say that he favors war for some "good" reason but only for egoistic national interests.

I can't believe I'm so alone in this evaluation. And please, someone, tell me where my opinion is logically flawed?
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Iraq does pose an indirect threat to the U.S. though. I explained it throughout this thread. First of all they have severely weakened U.S. power and undermined the U.N. Future dictators will be able to get way with much more because of it. And further down the line eventually those chemical/biological weapons could get into the wrong hands. I just don't see that happening today.

And I don't think your opinion is flawed. It looks well thought out. Esp. the part about Bush and Chirac. You are probably a more moral person than I. I admit my morals are not as good as they should be. I just don't think Iraq should be allowed to get away with all they have. They have made a mockery out of the U.N. and seriously dissed the U.S. Not to mention what he was responsible for in the 80's and 90's...
              Last edited by Dis; March 19, 2003, 03:17.

Comment

• I'm not sure what to feel. That people actually believe I'm that cold hearted and didn't call me a troll, or that I was clever enough to disguise this as a serious viewpoint.

In either case, this whole thread was a troll. well most of it...

I'm actually anti-war

Comment

• And as requested by Dissident

Case closed...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                  X