Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Apolyton Science Fiction Book Club: May Votes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didn't do nothing Eli, and the day is still young....
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Finland and Israel have fallen under my power! Tomorrow - Estonia!
      Last edited by chequita guevara; March 30, 2003, 15:59.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
        Twenty to eighteen, for Red Mars... I managed to counter Lonestar's chatroom efforts quite well

The ZOG got into action too in the past hours.
        True. Evil Zionist-Finnish-Communist conspiracy
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Looks like the poll is still open, so I did time it correctly.

Last chance to stuff ballots, erm, vote!

Comment

Looks like "Moon" is going to be the runner up 2 months in a row.

Red Mars wins!!!!!!

Congratulations, Che and the people of ZOG.

Comment

Congratulations from the small but effective Finnish block
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                I hate you all.

Ender's Game is a well known book, I heard it mentioned many times, and since it got selected to be the next month's book I thought nothing will go wrong if I read it. It's not long. I'll have plenty of time to study, to fill university documents, etc.

But noooooo. I had to spend every last second of the last week to read the first book. And the second. And the third. And the fourth. And the fifth. And now the sixth.
                If i'm not accepted to the University. I'll hold all of you responsible.
                Aren't there seven books?
                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Victory!

There are, I was reading the sixth when posting the message.
                  Of course that by now I already finished the seventh.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Eek. Does that mean I'm responsible for nominating Ender?
                    *hides under sofa*
                    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli
                      Victory!

There are, I was reading the sixth when posting the message.
                      Of course that by now I already finished the seventh.
                      Hopefully there will be Ender questions on your university applications.

After I promised myself I wouldn't do it, I broke down and started reading 'Ender's Shadow'. Now I'm planning to get the others.

I've already picked up the three Mars books, although I don't know when I'll get to the second two, or the first one for that matter.

Hopefully 'Harsh Mistress' will finally win next month and I can work on clearing my reading list down. It's only one book and I don't think the mood to read more Heinlein will ever strike me again after reading it a second time.
                      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

• Good Game.
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                        X