Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H Tower

that's Pixar I believe
    Yeah, they made great films such as Moderators Inc.
    Attached Files
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Quixtar apparently sells things like those large discount stores. (Costco, for example). Things ranging from toilet paper to herbal supplements and what nots.

I am still skeptical about this whole deal but am thinking about this. I'm not quite sure if I would be able to recruit other people below me tho, as my management skills are not equal to my interpersonal skills.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

A door-to-door toiletpaper salesman is something I've always aspired to be.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          Technically, they aren't pyramid schemes because they sell a product. In a pyramid scheme, you just send money around.
          IIRC, the difference between a pyramid scheme and a legit business is from where the company makes most of the money. If it is from recruiting people, it is a pyramid scheme, even though a bunch of these schemes tried to make themselves look legit by having "products" to sell.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hmmm,

So U.R. this might be one of those kinds of schemes where they look legit, but actually aren't? What's your personal take on this situation? (You've helped me b4 so I trust your opinion among other ppl here )
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Let me take a look around the Web to see if I can dig up anything. So Quixtar is just a new name for Amway - strangely, I cannot even read the press items on their website without being a member.

Okay, from this page I found:

For "Pro-Suming" IBOs and IBOs just "buying from themselves" with little retailing of product, AmQuix is nothing more than a "buyers club" pyramid scheme. IBO's in this mode willingly sacrifice their time and pay higher prices price studies so that they can participate in this last "legal" pyramid scheme.
              On MLM Survivors the verdict against the company is less than glowing.

Even Skepdic classified it as a legal pyramid scheme.

So it does look like a pyramid scheme, after all.
              Last edited by Urban Ranger; March 16, 2003, 22:27.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Thanks a bunch U.R. I owe you.

I'll tell the guy that I'm not interested and let him down gently.

Once again, thanks for all your help guys!

Comment

Good Gosh!

I just read the article:

and it's freeking unbelievable! I went to one of these conventions and it is totally the truth! "Initiated" people wore clothing that was similar and they seemed to have enormous enthusiam. Also, I think some of these people were 'plants' who were placed in various areas of the crowd to work them up by yelling and laughing.

Oh jeez, this is pretty damn messed up. I gotta thank you once again for finding all this stuff out.........I couldn't find info like this when I was researching about Quixtar.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                    Good Gosh!

I just read the article:

and it's freeking unbelievable! I went to one of these conventions and it is totally the truth! "Initiated" people wore clothing that was similar and they seemed to have enormous enthusiam. Also, I think some of these people were 'plants' who were placed in various areas of the crowd to work them up by yelling and laughing.

Oh jeez, this is pretty damn messed up. I gotta thank you once again for finding all this stuff out.........I couldn't find info like this when I was researching about Quixtar.
                    Yep, they will plant people there to make it look realisitic. It's fradulant.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The funny thing is that these companies will always point to Amway and Herbalife as credible role models. The problem is that both of those companies are scams to begin with.

Everyone and his mom is out selling vitamins these days.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Damn......and I gotta meet with the guy on Monday.....

I have one of their "packets" so I gotta meet him. I guess I'll just give him his stuff, listen to whatever pitch he gives (ok, I won't listen), thank him, and then leave.

thanks guys.

Comment

Hey, really you don't owe him anything.

Throw it in the trash and don't ever talk to him if you don't want to. Don't even show up for the meeting if you don't feel comfortable.

Comment

Ah, I feel like I have to....it's the responsible thing to do. Even though you guys steered me on the right path, I have to return his merchandise and tell him face-to-face that I'm not interested.

Although I won't have anymore contact with him.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                              Hey, really you don't owe him anything.

Throw it in the trash and don't ever talk to him if you don't want to. Don't even show up for the meeting if you don't feel comfortable.
                              Exactly. I wouldn't even go. They like to get to you through guilt, where all else fails.

You have to understand, this is these people's whole lives. They totally buy into the mentality of it, like a cult.

Just this weekend, a friend of mine was telling me about another friend of hers who is now involved in this rubber stamp/stationary sales thing. She's become totally absorbed in that world, spends all her time with these people, attends "Stamp Camps", etc. I mean, it's totally crazy.

Run, don't walk, away from it.
                              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                                Ah, I feel like I have to....it's the responsible thing to do. Even though you guys steered me on the right path, I have to return his merchandise and tell him face-to-face that I'm not interested.

Although I won't have anymore contact with him.....
                                He only gave you that stuff so you'll do exactly what you're planning on doing. Toss it.
                                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
                                X