Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been approached by Quixtar...

Ok so here's the scoop.

A Quixtar representative approached me the other day. He asked if I would like to join the Quixtar "experience" and said I would listen to him. Anyway, I went to a convention where the lead spokesman talked about how much money you could make and not talked about the actual products and what not.

Further research done via internet legitimized the company and people have said that a Quixtar participant actually does make $$$.

They (the Quixtar representatives) have compared themselves to Costco and Starbucks where there are franchises/stores in various locations and it is basically the same thing. The representative sells items online or door-to-door and makes a profit out of it. The person who introduced the new seller would make money from the company.

What I would like to know is if anyone here has had any experience/encounter's with Quixtar orAmway and what you guys think about this.

Currently I am a full-time student but have some time on my hands. If this is legitimate, I wouldn't mind the income....but is it right for me?

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Sounds fishy to me.

Guy at the top makes money. You don't make sheit.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Any out-of-pocket expenses ?

They do have a BBB logo.

Not that that makes them gold.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This used to happen to me all the time when I was in the Army. People were always trying to get me to sign up and sell Amway.

Basically the way people make money in these operations is by recruiting people, who will wind up selling the stuff to their friends and family. Trust me, they're the only ones who will buy these products from you.

They play it off like you'll be selling to the general public, who will be very interested in what you have to sell. Most likely they won't be.
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

thanks for the input. I'm still kind of 'iffy' about it tho...
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Static, so basically they say that the stuff is gonna be sold to the general public via door-to-door or internet, but in actuality only one's family members is likely to purchase the stuff AND the person above you makes the money....and that's how people actually make money out of this?

Comment

It sounded like .... I have been approached by new Branch Davidians leader Quixtar
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Amway is bull.
                :-p

Comment

it's a scam. there are several pyramid scheme companies just like this one around and they make the money while you do all the work. One worker out of a hundred actually makes good money on this.

Comment

I thought Quixtar was that animation company that did those movies for disney.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I would be very wary of this.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't talk to anyone who refered to their company as an "experience".
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                          That would be Pixar and the leader of that sect is a guy known to use a Mac unlike all the other normal people
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                            that's Pixar I believe

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                              it's a scam. there are several pyramid scheme companies just like this one around
                              Technically, they aren't pyramid schemes because they sell a product. In a pyramid scheme, you just send money around.

One worker out of a hundred actually makes good money on this.
                              That's probably true.

I was a Man Friday for a woman who was successful at a couple of these. She sold a lot of stuff herself (not just to friends and families), and she also had a cadre of "down level" people.

The trick to succeeding is (a) getting a high-quality product you really believe in and can get other people to buy and (b) working hard to sell it. But when you really start to succeed though is when your recruit down-level people and teach them how to sell.

BTW: What the heck does Quixtar sell??

Comment

Working...
                              X