Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 25 and I have to much Colestherol?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 25 and I have to much Colestherol?!?

Damn. I just got a medical report and it says that I have 6.11 of Colestherol! The average is 4.2 to 5.4! I'm 25 years old, 6'4'' and weight 205 pounds. I eat well, Vegetables, water or juice only, thin meat and I train!! I'm outraged! Guys, I tell you, dont think you're in good shape, go see a doc for a check up, it's worth it cuz you never know. I'm glad I did because the doc said I was subject to having a heart attack at 32!

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It's true. You can be young and still have too much cholesterol. When I was an undergrad, a friend of mine found to have 8+ in blood cholesterol Sure, he was kinda puffy, but he wasn't out of shape, and he played sports with us. He was just 21 then.

So watch out. If your family has a history of heart-related diseases, check up regularly.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

To be 25 and having too much colestherol...is better than beeing 35 and having too much colestherol
        (like me )

Comment

You could try the new health drink from Cameroon, they seem to think it cures everything.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

(apologies for the threadjack but I have been trying to find an excuse to get this into a thread somehow)
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

3.8 here. Yeah baby!
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

BTW...I have 280 ....but I think we use another scale

Comment

Seriously, if you want to lower your HDL then cut out red meat for a month and try to substitute poultry or fish for the red meat. While your at it cut out fried or sautied foods and change from whole milk to non-fat. At the end of the month start eatting those foods again but see if you can't limit your in take to 2-3 meals a week.

Start a cardo program (I'm assuming when you say that you "train" that means you weight train but don't run). Cardo will help drop your HDL levels and it will also help you avoid a heart attack even if your HDL level stays high. Lastly, there was a study about a year ago which said blood donors have on average lower cholesterol and have few heart attacks then nondonors so you may want to donote a pint or two aeach year. That will help your community and it just might save your life.

Comment

It's the LDL that you want to lower.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth
                    BTW...I have 280 ....but I think we use another scale
                    When Kaiser (my HMO) did mine they gave it in the American system and the (for lack of a better word) European system.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      It's the LDL that you want to lower.
                      You're right. You want Low density and you want to get rid of high density lipids

Comment

I'm still trying to get rid of all my LPS.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

My overall cholesterol is 133.
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

cerebrusIV, thats foul
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Hey my roommie in college discovered that his family had a hereditary cholesterol problem so he had his checked—451 the highest in his family!

That fall he starts a very low fat diet, oatmeal, etc. He decides to go to the school infirmary to get a quick test before going home for Xmas. He stops by to get the results and only a PA is there. He flips through the papers mumbling "there's gotta be something wrong here" and finally announces that the tests showed 331.
                              My roommie says, "Oh, wow, down by 120!"
                              To which the PA says, "No! That's… not… possible…"
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                              X