Banana? Explain....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maike - Nice spelling btw!
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I think I banned seven people for posting all-Banana type polls once that group - Iain, GP, Stefu and four others did nine threads with banana polls in the course of a few minutes. The mass banning (although five were only for a day and two for three days) became known as Bananagate, and pretty much guaranteed every poll in the OT since then has a banana option.
      Ahem! I've only been banned once from this forum, for making a joke about AH's wife.

Personally, I've wondered why people always tend to give me too big of a role in the whole banana thingy. I didn't come up with it, though I've been using it pretty much ever since it became a convention.
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        I think I banned seven people for posting all-Banana type polls once that group - Iain, GP, Stefu and four others did nine threads with banana polls in the course of a few minutes. The mass banning (although five were only for a day and two for three days) became known as Bananagate, and pretty much guaranteed every poll in the OT since then has a banana option.
        Was this different than the famous "PollGate"?

I can't remember...
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger

Was this different than the famous "PollGate"?

I can't remember...
          PollGate is a later incident, I recall being here when it happened, so it was in late 2001 or onwards. I remember that people (myself included and JohnT I think) were trying to post in the polls before they got closed, and nearly got banned, but in the end only the poll starters got restricted. Those polls did also have the theme of having many identical options for "experimental purposes", but when PollGate happened banana was already a tradition.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Okay. So when was BananaGate?

I do remember PollGate, but not this other one...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The banana thing was started by Starchild as part of the Poly Gay Conspiracy.

And 'pollgate' is famous? I was part of that

Comment

Didn't Mr Fun try to change it to strawberry or raspberry or something?

Comment

Yes, but he failed, in a counter-gay coup.

Comment

Who needs to know what the banana thing is about. I saw that everyone else put a banana so I put them in mine.

After all if everyone else is doing it, do you need another reason for doing anything?
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

No. That's why the scientific method should just be accepted.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                        No. That's why the scientific method should just be accepted.

Everyone accepts the scientific method? Are you telling me that nutbar who kidnapped that American girl is using it.

Anyway, there are plenty of scientists who believe in the Christian nonsense, so it can't be working.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                        X