Banana? Explain....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana? Explain....

Could someone please explain the famous poll BANANA?

Thanks...

*chegitz makes like a banana and splits.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I thought this was a serious forum!

Someone answer me, dammit!!!

Comment

It's just a tradition that almost no one knows why or when it started. All we know is that if you make a poll, ONE choice HAS to have a banana into it.

Dont ask.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Yep. Tradition thing.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

A long time ago when this board first got polling abilities, people were making really good poll questions, but filling them with only frivolous poll options, so I started a thread about it with a poll. I think it was called "Do the polls here have too many humorous poll options?" and it had the answers yes, no, maybe, probably, something about squirrels in trousers (a Simpsons joke)....a few others that I can't remember, and "banana" at option 10. Stefu and a few other popular characters around here at the time decided that the last option was the only possible answer to the question. It got the most votes. IIRC, I was the only one to actually vote "yes."

That was just the first use. Then on one fine evening a bunch of Apolyton posters got bored and a bunch of polls were posted with only a bunch of options labeled "Banana." This was to see which poll spot most peope pick...sort of. It was also to raise post count and piss off ol' Ming. =) That had to be one of the most entertaining events on here in history, if you ask me.

Others can elaborate. I actually came into that great day of bannings a little late (and proceeded to post with the soul intention of getting myself banned ).

Comment

that's not the way i've heard it. some poster i had never seen before claimed responsibility for creation of the banana option, but i forget who, he doesn't come around that much.

Comment

Yea, I think I know who you're talking about. I think the guy's exact words were "somebody started a thread and I..." I thought it was pretty ridiculus when I read it. I think his name started with a "V."

You can do a search on here for something and see a few different threads about this. Everyone mostly says they don't remember. I've only owned up to it once before, a long time ago.

Comment

something about squirrels in trousers
                  WEASELS in the trousers! Among the poll options were Banana, MikeH and weasels in the trousers.

I made a smiley which was MikeH with bananas in his trousers. Sadly, it's lost in the mists of time.
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

i believe i have the mikeH smiley, i'll look for it when i'm not stuck in a lab listening to a boring professor

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu

WEASELS in the trousers! Among the poll options were Banana, MikeH and weasels in the trousers.

I made a smiley which was MikeH with bananas in his trousers. Sadly, it's lost in the mists of time.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Let thee without sin cast the first BANANA!

Who cares, it's better than squirrles and weasels.

MONKEY!
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

I think I banned seven people for posting all-Banana type polls once that group - Iain, GP, Stefu and four others did nine threads with banana polls in the course of a few minutes. The mass banning (although five were only for a day and two for three days) became known as Bananagate, and pretty much guaranteed every poll in the OT since then has a banana option.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

They got bananad for making banana options?
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I will soon maike my first Apolyton poll tread - and the banana is in!
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X